1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

T.R. Knight (George O'Malley on Grey's Anatomy) tells People he's gay

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/blog/index.jsp?uuid=d8e64239-623e-4e62-9daa-c764fe5329b0

2. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

I clicked on this two hours ago, and I'm glad that it's still eliciting the response that someone coming out should.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Of course he's gay. Why else would three hot women want to live with him? (on the show of course).

He's a real life Jack Tripper.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

stunner ::)

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

So, while T.R. Knight seems like a pretty cool guy, it's pretty clear, if this is true, that Isaiah Washington (Dr. Preston Burke) is pretty much a dick.

The Grey’s Anatomy star in the middle of a recent on-set altercation has come out of the closet.

T.R. Knight, who plays Dr. George O’Malley, said in a statement he is revealing his sexual orientation now “to quiet any unnecessary rumours that may be out there.”

It was Knight, 33, who infuriated cast mate Isaiah Washington on Oct. 9 by reportedly showing up late for work. When co-star Patrick Dempsey stepped in to ease tensions, witnesses claim Washington snapped: “I’m not your little faggot like (Knight),” and grabbed Dempsey by the throat.

Crew members had to break up the two actors.

Knight told People magazine that he would prefer to keep his personal life private.

“I hope the fact that I’m gay isn’t the most interesting part of me,” he said.

http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainment/story.html?id=8e49ba7a-0a5b-4d66-9d8d-395404ae8ed6&k=93982

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Wow wow wow. That that last post was was Deja vu vu.

And, for the record, T.R. Knight is about as gay as G. Gordon Liddy. It;'s his way of geting into more girls' confidences (ergo, pants.)

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

It's a bummer to find out Burke's a jerk in real life. He's so noble on the show. The guy is a fantastic actor. This is kind of like finding out a great athlete is a total prick.

This does however up the McDreamy quotient in my eyes.

As an aside, I read an article that Korev is a great guy in real life-- doting father of two, family man, etc. Weird, huh?

8. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I dunno. I sort of get that "short fuse" mojo from Burke's character.
    Turns out he's not really acting. :)

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

korev has FIVE -- count 'em -- FIVE kids.

10. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

He's the youngest looking 36-year-old I've ever seen. LOL His wife is gorgeous, too.

[​IMG]

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hope people don't plaster this on their cover... I give the guy credit for coming out. I agree that I hope it gets to the point where these declarations draw nothing more than a shrug, which I get the sense is what Knight wanted...

12. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Did you notice, Mizz, that your man Bill Hicks was on the Comedy Channel on Friday night?

Draft saved Draft deleted