1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

T.O. vs. the Lakeland football player

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Columbo, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Terrell Owens says that he spit on DeAngelo Hall... there is no proof of this on film.

NFL fines him $35K.

Kid from Lakeland High admits he is give tons of free shit... and the admission is on tape. Lawyer argues he was joking.

He plays in the championship game that week. No penalty.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

T.O admits it.
    NFL fines him.
    T.O appeals it.
    RiDICKulous

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How can you compare those rulings? It's not like the same people are making those two decisions.

Besides, it takes a pretty decent-sized fine to get these guys' attention and Owens probably earned some of this with his past behavior.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Because Pube is too lazy to bring the Lakeland player up on the first thread he was discussed on...

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

It's two cases of behavior that was admitted to, but unproven.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Again...the rulings were handed down by completely different groups and the players were on completely different levels. That's like saying it sucks that high school kids get away with misspellings in essays, but my editor will rake me over the coals if I make one in my story.

Draft saved Draft deleted