1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

T-Minus 39 hours and counting before I take the plunge.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Apr 30, 2009.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Thanks, and congratulations yourself!

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Twitter the ceremony.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Everyone tells you this, but you have no idea how true it is until the day comes. So much planning, and it's like the blink of an eye.

My advice: Make a point of getting specific face time with each of your guests, even if just for a moment. Let them know you appreciate them being there, and that they're important to your lives. It's one of those things where there's a heightened sense of emotion and import, and small moments can have a lot of impact.

Plus it's kind of a pain in the ass to give up a weekend, dress up, buy gifts and go to a wedding. I hate that feeling of "If I hadn't been here, would they even have noticed?"

Congrats to both of you. It's a bold adventure.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

My fifth anniversary is coming up in a few weeks.

It's true, what they said in the song, at least as far as wedding day goes: "Love is all you need."

And a ring. That helps.

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

It's 1:04 a.m. on the East Coast on my wedding, so T-minus 13 hours before this goes down. I have dealt with lots of minor crap for the past 12 hours trying to get all the parents, friends and wedding party people going in the right direction... we were late for the rehearsal, but since our friend is marrying us it wasn't a huge deal.

I just threw together a speech. I was going to wing it, but I got some quality advice from my future father-in-law who told me that I run the risk of sounding really stupid without something written out.

He's right of course, so I put something together, probably about two minutes long.

Thanks for all the congratulations and wishes here and on Facebook, they are really appreciated, even though I've never met anyone from here in person (Hopefully that will change in August!)

I'm going to bed soon and then it's a mad dash to pick up flowers, go to the hotel to get dresed, hightail it to the ceremony site and let the magic begin.

:)

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Have a great day!

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Congrats! Hope to meet you in August!

Completely fucking jealous.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I don't recall seeing a post about a bachelor party

9. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Five minutes. Waiting for the bride to arrive

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wow. I don't think I will even be able to top posting within five minutes of the ceremony.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Is she late? Has anyone seen her today?

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Dang.
    Best of luck !

Draft saved Draft deleted