1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Syria, Assad and planes and ports

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Doom and gloom, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Assad said the Israel loss in the war with Hezbollah is a signal that U.S. policy and design for the Middle East is a joke.

The German chancellor cancelled a visit to that country after hearing the remark.

In one sense, the design is a joke. These subhuman particles are uncivilized people that can't operate like normal human beings.

I wonder how much aid we're giving Syria? I think we ought to stop that spicket - now.

Then, for once, do anything up to a body cavity search on any ticketed air passenger even closely resembling Arab. Or, if any Arab going to a toilet in an airplane is in there for more than 90 seconds, the door is kicked in. Any suspicious discovery at that point will result in the person being shot by, you know, those air marshals supposedly on every flight toting heat.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

[​IMG]

3. Doom and gloom

Racist? Whad'dever.

This is a race, culture and religion issue. 

Until your gramma walks into a building and blows herself up, or threatens to, it is as it is.  RACE. CULTURE. RELIGION.

FUCK THE ACLU.

By the way, is the PC way getting us anywhere?

Let the bastards embrace the martyrdom they claim to want.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Ok, so you want to stop people that "resemble Arab people". I know many "Arab people" that look just like caucasians. And I don't like the bathroom idea. If you gotta go, you gotta go my friend. A person should be given as much time as possible to realese his *cough* droppings, no matter what race he or she is.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Is it bad to admit I kinda chuckled at this?

6. Doom and gloom

Not when that race or kind, almost exclusively, is responsible for worldwide security issues.

We didn't execute the Japanese in internment camps. We actually probably saved some of them from freelance harm on city streets.  They were potential threats, just as all Muslims are potential threats. Sure, there's Timothy McVeighs, but that was an isolated incident not repeated on a grand scale by any caucausian or black.

Was the internment camp issue the perfect solution? No. But national security needs are nasty issues.  And today, the only way to fight people who are willing to die for their stupid ass cause is to put death on the table if necessary to achieve victory.  Kill those who want donuts with Allah and for those that don't, they'll back off meekly or help solve the issue themselves - which as I've seen, few Muslims are doing.

7. Chuck~Taylor

I'm a Muslim. I love everybody. I promote peace. And you're gonna put me in a camp?

8. Trust NoOne

Trust NoOne Member

Freedom. Liberty. These were words not taken lightly by the founders of this nation.

You speak of denying these rights to those, some of whom are American citizens, because they look Arabic. Because they might commit a crime.

What if it was decided that people who like you were dangerous? What then? Would be it be okay to strip search you or break into the bathroom on you?

America isn't the country of George W. Bush. It's the country of James Madison, Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin. Maybe it's time for people to start remembering that.

And maybe we all should collectively grow a pair, and stop cowering in the corner. We surrender our own civil liberties to kiss the two-bit tyrant's ass who runs Pakistan (who ain't a much better human being than ol' Saddam, by the way). And now we can't have coffee or a book on some flights because suddenly that's too dangerous.

Bull. Shit.

Without money, there is no terrorism — and much of the fiscal support comes from the Saudis and the logistical support comes from Pakistan (despite those hollow claims to out "allies"). So we explain in no uncertain terms to those countries, and yes, Syria and Iran, that this crap is over now. That we will now consider any terrorists acts on our soil by any Islamic extremist group an act of war, by them.

This isn't about religion and it never has been. It's geopolitical hardball and we're getting our collective asses kicked. But instead of explaining the costs of those countries continuing to support terrorism, we kiss their butts and strip away civil liberties from our own people to make us "safer." Except for one little ol' thing: not one of us is any safer today than we were on 9/10/01, as the last two weeks have proven.

When are we going to start acting like Americans again instead of a flock of frightened sheep?

9. Chuck~Taylor

And that's the word.....

EDIT: I don't give these out that much..but what the hell.You earned it. [​IMG]

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

The more I read about this crop of terrorists, the more they begin to look like Timothy McVeigh or the Columbine kids, and less like dudes you'd suspect in an airport.

One terrorist's name is "Dan Stewart Whyte" or something.  Born and raised in England.  Sister models for Victoria's Secret.  The dude looked caucasian to me - ok if anything maybe Italian or Hispanic.

If racial profiling were the solution, Cheney would've implemented it years ago.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Instead of treating every Middle Eastern person like a criminal (which is a fine idea and all, but what about Jews?) I like the idea of our government not being so nicey-nice with some of these countries and their rulers (Hi, Sauds!) that are not really our friends.

We should make it a patriotic push to become less dependent on oil so these terrorists have less leverage on us.

Instead we seem eager to be led by the nose by the oil companies until every last drop of oil is gone.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

What Chuck Taylor said.

Easy to say that McVeigh was an "exception." What about Unabomber? The serial killers? The (illegal) militias? Are they all Arab too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.