1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sweet little old ladies ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Aug 1, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Yeah, not so much.

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_...r/20060801014709990005?ncid=NWS00010000000001

LOS ANGELES (Aug. 1) - Two women in their 70s were charged Monday with having homeless men killed in hit-and-run car crashes to collect more than $2 million in life insurance.

Olga Rutterschmidt, 73, and Helen Golay, 75, were each charged with two counts of murder and two counts of conspiracy to commit murder for financial gain.

The women befriended the transients, paid for them to stay in apartments and obtained their signatures before taking out three dozen life insurance policies on them, authorities say. They had them killed and then collected while falsely claiming to be relatives, according to the complaint.

What the hell is the world coming to when 70-year-old women are doing this kinda shit?

2. markvid

markvid Guest

How could whichever insurance company it was not figure out these people were taking out multiple policies?

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

NOBODY will believe how hard I'm laughing right now.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wait till they get some sweet lesbian love in the can.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I just threw up in my mouth. :-X Thanks, man.

6. Songbird

If they're good enough to act like granny droogs, they're old enough to get loved hard by Bubba the enforcer in cell block 8.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

[​IMG]

That explains it. ;D

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago I was visiting back East and was playing blackjack at Bally's in AC.
    An old lady sat down next to me. It's about 9:30 a.m. and she's got a vodka and tonic in front of her.
    I was still smoking at the time, and I was about to light up.
    I asked the woman: 'Excuse me. Do you mind if I smoke?'
    She said: 'Yes, I do. Thank you for asking.'
    I said: 'No problem. I can wait.'
    We're playing for a few minutes and she says: 'My husband died of lung cancer, so, yes, I mind.'
    I said: 'I'm sorry to hear that.'
    We're playing for a few more minutes and she says: 'My sister just had a quarter of her lung removed, so, yes, I mind.'
    I said: 'I understand. I won't smoke at the table. I'm sorry about your husband and your sister.'
    We're playing for a few more minutes and she says: 'You know you shouldn't be smoking anyway.'
    I said: 'You shouldn't be boozing and gambling before 10 in the morning either.'
    I asked the dealer for a marker and walked away to smoke. When I came back, she was gone.

9. Songbird

Love that story, and especially your "boozing and gambling before 10 in the morning" line.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

We're playing for a few more minutes and she says: 'You know you shouldn't be smoking anyway.'
    I said: 'You shouldn't be boozing and gambling before 10 in the morning either.'

Game. Set. Match.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

They should run enough electricity through them to light up Atlanta.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Give them life sentences, it won't last too long.

Draft saved Draft deleted