1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Swearing in cartoons

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 3, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was just bringing up Family Guy as evidence that not all animated television shows and/or movies are made for children.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Ah, I understand now. I do think a PG-rated cartoon carries a reasonable expectation that it's a safe zone on that sort of stuff, if only by historical custom.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The first mistake is classifying movies like Toy Story, etc as "cartoons". The real cartoon movies are those "blow-em up" thrillers aimed at 13 year old boys.

At least most animated films have a freakin' plot that bears resemblance to some sort of reality

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Worst argument in the world.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Tell the in-laws they're just lucky that's all they had to deal with.

http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsrepublic/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_3271f2e2-4938-11e0-9f30-001cc4c03286.html

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What office were cartoons elected to?

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Not a bad topic, though. I've been wondering lately if I'm just turning into a prude or if we're stepping over the line a bit more of late. Turned on the radio the other day, mid-afternoon, to the local sportstalk station and I'm hearing rather explicit penis enlargement ads. Flip the station, and there's Rhianna signing about S&M with a chorus of "Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me!"

I don't have kids, but figure that parents must be freaking out, on constant alert, these days...

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

"Shut your fucking face, uncle fucka....."

[​IMG]

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Gotta love that Rhianna song. Especially when my 7-year-old's friend started singing it when we had her over for a playdate.

10. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

I agree. That one was a real head-shaker.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

When I saw the South Park movie for the second time on its opening weekend, I looked to my right and there was a mother with two kids under the age of 6 with her. I pointed to her and told one of my friends, "This should be interesting."

She was running out of the theater with her kids about halfway through "Uncle Fucka"

As she was running out, someone yelled at her, "Hey, the movie's rated R you dumb bitch!"

12. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

In Toy Story 3 Barbie says to Ken, "Nice ascot." Just saying. And who cares.

Draft saved Draft deleted