1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SuzynWaldman/ John Sterling Support Group.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 10, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

At least it's correct. I don't listen to games on the radio much, but a few times I have heard her say some wrong--as in bad info--things.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Suzyn is consistant - either simplistic or wrong.

3. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Just watched A-Rod take apart Joe Borowski.... good moment, but this YES sideline reporter, Kim Jones, is one of the worst I've ever seen. Total stereotypical fluff sideline reporter.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Can't really comment on her pre and post game reporting, but when she covered the Giants for the Newark paper she did good work. It was my understanding that she has been between a rock and a hard place with the TV job... They were sending her down to interview Torre after the game, very often with loaded questions that were being dictated by the front office to try to make him look bad, and she was stuck in between. Whatever the true story is, I don't envy her.

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Didn't know the back-story. That wouldn't be an easy job. But that story about Torre and questioning doesn't surprise me.... I read a 30-inch story in the NY Daily News when I was in New York recently about how you could decode what The Boss was thinking about A-Rod by what the YES announcers said about him....

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

kim has a thankless job at YES. she does her real reporting for the star-ledger with an nfl sunday notes column.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In 2005 Joe was paid a little stipend to take questions from Yes. At start of 2006 season Joe refused to do the exclusive post game show any longer due to the tone of questioning that he had gotten from Kim in 2005

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I actually liked Kay and Sterling together in the booth. Far better than the Sox radio team, which made a significant upgrade this year by adding Dave O'Brien to the mix with Joe Castiglione.

And according to Sterling's Wikipedia page, he's 58. Maybe Shockey needs to set 'em straight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Sterling_(sportscaster)

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Fixed.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

hey, what's 10 years in show biz? who ya gonna belive, me or wiklopedia?

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Hmmm. You.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

We listen to you. That was for the lazy bums who hate to listen to old stories.

Draft saved Draft deleted