1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Winnipeg?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/culture/story.html?id=6d6742ff-3d58-48ca-87e1-dac45d821237&k=4259

Producer Mark Burnett is leaning towards bringing his highly-rated show to cold Canada, says host Jeff Probst, though several factors still give him pause.

"Mark is leaning towards, truly considering, a colder climate, especially if the show goes on further, because it is hard to find locations," Probst says.

The production crew has had long discussions about Canada, he says. "We see a lot of positives that would be new and different, and then there's some negatives because physically you tend to shut down when you get cold, you don't do as much. You're going to be wearing parkas and hats and boots and you're not going to be in bikinis, and challenges become a little different. So there's pros and cons."

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

seriously, this sounds like a terrific idea. you get different issues than in warm climates.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Which is why I'm even surprised they're even considering this, though it's a great idea.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

As much as they have come to rely on T&A, this can never happen.

I would watch, though.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

As long as they leave Burnett and Probst up there to be eaten by plane crash victims, that's fine by me.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Survivor: Moose Jaw
    Survivor: Medicine Hat

The possibilities are ENDLESS.

7. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

I think "Survivor: Flin Flon" would be the best.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Those expelled from the Habs tribe got to Estavan

Those expelled from the Leafs tribe go to Lethbridge

Winner gets three nights in Brandon.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I think "Survivor: Flash" would be the best possible Canadian challenge... :D

10. girl friday

girl friday Member

does anyone still watch "survivor" anymore???

once they pulled that whole grouping-by-race thing it seemed like the end would be very near...

11. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Teams led by Bobby Clark and Reggie Leach?

12. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

If they head to the 'Peg a challenge could certainly be one that places all contestants on the corner of Portage and Main and see who lasts longest. That corner has been dubbed the coldest, windiest corner in the country. And I've been there in the dead of winter and I agree.

I vote for Survivor: Prince Albert, Survivor: Kenora, and Survivor: Prince George as others to consider.

Draft saved Draft deleted