1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor star weds Mike Damone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Of course in the movie we hear "Kashmir" from Physical Graffiti.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

At my first Pat Benatar concert I was in the nosebleed seats, too.

Never again, I said. So I put my 20-year-old brain and my internship at the local newspaper to use.

The next concert I wanted to see, I wrote a fake story "promoting" the concert, sent it through the typesetter, pasted it on one of those cardboard sheets that pages used to be built on, and made a copy of it. Even used a photo of the artist with it to make it look more realistic, like it actually appeared in our paper.

Then I sent it to the PR guy in charge of the arena (which, fortunately, was about 150 miles away) and asked if he could "help" me out.

Bingo. Three seats in the 8th row.

Haven't done anything even remotely unethical since. But I was so pissed off about getting lousy seats for Pat Benatar . . .

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's the most fucked up thing I've ever read on SJ.

I hope waving your lighter to We Belong was worth the trouble. :D

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Mike Damone is a little prick.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Although, it should be pointed out that the music playing was actually Physical Graffiti...

Great news, glad to hear Damone is no longer working at 7-11...

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Did they serve Yoohoo! at the wedding?

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

One thing people didn't understand about Mike Damone was his uncanny pickup lines.

"Hey this is great iced tea."

What's the next thing that happened?

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, um, hem haw, this just makes me the biggest idiot on the planet. I didn't actually bother to give it any thought or realize I was being serious about what was an obvious joke. I just read the thread title and figured the guy REALLY was Dimone. Man, do I feel stupid. No wonder they didn't mention his Fast Times role in the column.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Whether it's really "Mike Damone" or not has no bearing on the entertainment value of this thread.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

He did his BYH impersonation.

Wait, did he even make it to eight seconds?

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Gee, now looking at the article, that guy looks nothing like Damone. To be honest, Damone looks exactly like he did in the movie. Maybe his face is older, but he looks the exact same.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

How about Earth Wind and Fire? Jefferson wanted to take his little brother!

And Double J, I'm pretty sure I'm a fucking marathon man compared to Damone.

"I think I came. You didn't feel it?"
    "I gotta go Stacey."

Draft saved Draft deleted