1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SURVIVOR SOUTH PACIFIC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Sep 22, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I take it you don't work in an IP industry, then?

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Have you ever traveled over the speed limit? That's illegal too.

3. TigerVols

Are you really on a journalism board arguing that the victimless "crime" of occasionally driving over the speed limit is equal to that of stealing from the livelihood of creative people in all kinds of IP industries?

Do you walk out on your dinner check at your local restaurant? After all, the chef/owner has lots of other customers...and you are not chained to your table before you pay.

4. bigpern23

No, I'm not equating the two. My point is that if you're going to cherry pick which laws you follow, get off my ass about which ones I follow.

5. TigerVols

So, in fact, you ARE equating the two.

6. bigpern23

I don't really know WTF your problem is, but you should really work on your comprehension. At no point do I suggest one crime is equal to the other.

You choose to break certain laws because you view them a certain way. You say speeding is "victimless." Well, it's only victimless until someone runs over a kid who suddenly bolts into the street because they were doing 10 mph over the limit and weren't able to stop quickly enough.

For whatever reason, breaking that law doesn't bother you. So don't come moralizing at me that I'm stealing from someone's livelihood, blah, blah, blah when you are guilty of cherry picking which laws you follow, in the same way I am guilty of cherry picking which laws I follow.

Unless you can tell me you have never broken a single law in your life, take your high moral horse and shove it up your ass.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

How about taking this stupid pissing match somewhere else? Jesus ...

8. TigerVols

My problem is I don't like thieves.

And with that, I'm out. Feel free to respond with all the ad hominem attacks you care to.

9. bigpern23

You realize that Survivor is shown over the air for free, right?

10. printdust

printdust New Member

Brandon was a drama king. Religion was manipulated.
    The gal won, simply put, because she kicked Ozzie's ass on Redemption Island. Otherwise, I don't remember a thing she did in the game. Her or that 1800s looking cowpoke.

11. bigpern23

For everyone who thought religion was way overblown in this season, be thankful to the Survivor editors. I read an interview with Sofie where she said there was a lot more religion than was even shown.

12. That's what I don't understand about the above pissing match.

Draft saved Draft deleted