1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: San Juan Del Sur

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Sep 25, 2014.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

That type of stuff is going to get her voted off soon. Not to mention getting your panties bunched up because somebody is being mean to your adult "kid" who actually went after him first.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Funny thing about her "kid" is that you can see exactly where she gets her personality from. Same actually with Kelly and her dad, Dale. I mean that as a compliment to Dale and Kelly, though. They're both pretty likable. I imagine we haven't seen the last of Kelly.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That couple definitely chose wrong. Should've stuck with Dale and Kelly.

This season has been kind of dull. I'm just glad the contrived Rocker stuff is over.

Somebody, please tell the producers that single-challenge episodes are the worst.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

You think she was memorable enough to be asked back? Anything is possible, but if you get voted out or have to leave before the merger, you more than likely had to do something pretty memorable for them to have you back.

5. bigpern23

Yeah, that's a fair point. However, she is smoking' hot, so you know, there's that.

6. TwoGloves

Totally agree on the single-challenge thing unless something really out of the ordinary happens. Watching them compete (and seeing somebody screw up and damage their changes or sticking around) is always entertaining.

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I was about to watch the episode this morning and I made the mistake of checking Google News right before I did, so I found out immediately who is now gone.

What was interesting was, I read the EW recap of the episode and in it it revealed that Jimmy Johnson during the season he was on, told his tribe mates to vote him out, although they never showed that on TV.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Another boring episode. Just one challenge, no tribal council and Probst acting like he's Dr. Phil.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is it just me or did they dub the audio on the challenge so we didn't hear "Keith's balls are moving" "Joe is about to lose one of his balls"

10. bigpern23

I figure they dub a lot of Probst's narrative in post anyway, so it didn't strike me as anything unusual, but, yeah, you're probably right that they made a conscious choice to say "ball" instead of "balls." And it's probably Dalton Ross's fault since he loves to take Probst quotes out of context for innuendo sake in his recaps. :)

11. bigpern23

On another note, yet another dull episode. I hope Jeremy and Josh both stick around for awhile since they're the only ones who seem to be playing the game.

Jon and Jaclyn have been in position to make a lot of decisions, but they don't seem to be controlling anything. They're simply being put into positions to make decisions.

12. TwoGloves

When people inevitably claim every season that it's dull or boring I roll my eyes. Not this time around. For the most part, it's been fairly uneventful.

Draft saved Draft deleted