1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

survivor - heroes vs. villains

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by txsportsscribe, Jan 4, 2010.

1. I was thinking mostly because Probst ripped Colby in his blog about that episode and the two were close friends at one point. But I suppose they wouldn't have alerted him to that.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

On Rob Cesterino's podcast Sandra said she and her husband (who is still in Afghanistan) have been invited to be on Amazing Race. Apparently Russell and Parvati were invited as a team, but Parvati is balking.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I haven't been able to open the link - no comp, just phone net - what was the big news in Colby's interview that has everyone in an uproar?

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I really hope they do not do this -- particularly in the case of Russell and Parvati.

The Amazing Race is a different kind of show than Survivor, and putting all these underhanded, negatively competitive, talk-took-much "stategists" on that show would do nothing but ruin it for people in it truly for the experience, challenge and unique personal achievement.

If contestants on TAR win the money, it's all the better, of course, but I get the feeling that most of the participants in that show get something good and special out of it regardless of the end result.

With Survivor, I'm not sure that's necessarily the case, because the negativity and necessary deceitfulness, lying and back-stabbing have much more potential to leave a bad taste than the more-straightforward concept of the TAR.

Both shows offer uncommon, even unique experiences. But TAR is intended to bring out the best in people, while Survivor, by its very nature, brings out the worst.

And, really, haven't people had enough of Russell now? Geez, I can't believe CBS is even considering putting him on anything else right now. Nothing and no one would benefit -- except him, of course.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Can you imagine spending three stressful on-the-go weeks all over the world with Russell?

I wonder why Parvati is balking...

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't care for the show, but I would be Parvati's partner for 'The Amazing Race.'

7. Mizzougrad96

Based on what some of the Survivors have said on podcasts since it was over, Russell is worse in real life than he was on the show.

8. Mizzougrad96

Russell cleared of the assault charges, according to TMZ.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'd be Parvati's partner for a lot of things. Such as, um, tennis.

Draft saved Draft deleted