1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Gabon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Buck is right, but I'm sure they took pity on them because they know that tribe sucks and is going to gets its ass kicked all season.

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I meant in previous seasons, Jeff would flat out tell them they don't get to take fire back with them. I was surprised to see him hand them a flint this time.

3. jps

jps Active Member

these guys would probably die minus fire to boil water, cook food, etc. at least the other teams without were just pitiful and hungry for a while. these guys are so full of fail they still might starve.

(to borrow from homer ... I've seen teams that sucked before, but this is the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.)

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

At the end of tribal council - the first opne - didn't he tell them to take their torches so now they'd have fire?

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Interesting thing about this season is the lack of spoilerage. By surfing the fan sites and checking out spoilers, I usually have a pretty good idea who the final four will be (along with a couple of wrinkles in the game). This time, nothing.
    Methinks we haven't seen the last of Gabon - if there's ever another All-Star or Fans vs. Favorites...

6. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Gabon looks great in HD.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The only major spoilers I've ever seen about Survivor were last season it was the worst kept secret that Fairplay was the first to go. I also remember during the all-stars season finding out that two people left the game on their own, one to tend to a sick relative and another for reasons unknown. Both ended up being true.

Amazing Race is the one that can never seem to keep a secret.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

So yesterday I'm half watching this movie on cable while I'm working. It's probably a dozen years old, about a small group of friends including Cameron Diaz, Ron Eldard and Annabeth Gish (yum). The guy who's basically the lead looks so familiar, but I just can't place him, and can't figure out where else I've seen him. His name doesn't seem familiar.

It bugs me to the point that I hit up IMDB. At the bottom of a list of movies I've never hear of, there it is: Survivor. It was Jonathan Penner, who was on fans vs. favorites. If I ever knew he was an actor, I'd forgotten.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Was it "Last Supper"

Great film. Very dark and funny. If memory serves, Jason Alexander had a bit part.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It was Last Supper. There's actually a ton of people in it -- Charles Durning, Mark Harmon, Bill Paxton. Not a bad flick, but Penner looks so young, and it was so out of context, I'm not sure I'd ever have placed him without teh googles.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

but her shoes weighed 10 pounds

12. jps

jps Active Member

I think it was her ass that was the problem, tx.

Draft saved Draft deleted