1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor finale running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, May 11, 2007.

1. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Next season, we'll have to get a running thread going. :)

I so wanted D & C to win as well. At least Mirna didn't win. Ugh.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Boo was awesome, throwing the Christianity back in Dreamz' face.
    Yau is God, he doesn't need some $60,000 truck to validate it. Dreamz will probably set up a coke deal to pay the taxes on it. Bastard.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I love how the moment Dreamz said he was keeping the immunity necklace, Earl said he remembered thinking "I just won a million bucks."

I still don't think Earl did a whole lot to win it. He was just better than the blob Cassandra and didn't piss off so many people like Dreamz.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Props on the foreshadowing!

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Seeing the midget go up on her shoe-wheels, while being pulled through the airport by the running, full-sized Myrna, was the most amusing thing I have seen on television this year. I really hated them at first, but couldn't help rooting for them at the end.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I couldn't stand C&M, not so much for Charla who was a real battler. But her fucking cousin was so annoying with her constant bitching and that fucking fake accent she used to put on when trying to get directions or whatever out of the locals.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I still love the show... I watched all three hours last night...

If Yau couldn't win, I'm glad Earl did.

Dreamz will go down as one of the least likable people in the history of this show and that's saying a lot... I'm glad the vote was unanimous. The other two finalists didn't deserve shit...

8. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

I think the part I loved the most was Dreamz trying to sell the theory he knew what he was doing from Day 1. What a laugh. Nobody could play an idiot that convincingly.

I was pissed when he screwed Yao Man on several levels. First, I really liked Yao Man and hated to see him go. Second, it was just an assholish thing to do. And third, it allowed that waste of flesh and air, Cassandra, to get to the final. At least Dreamz could make the case he deserved to be there because he played the game and screwed people over. What the fuck did Cassandra do, except agree with almost everything Earl said or did?

On the bright side, though, I knew as soon as it happened that Earl was your winner. I even called the unanimous verdict -- though it was kind of like beating out two other finalists in the 50-yard dash at the Special Olympics.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on the final three format. I'm not a fan, except it would have been fun if it was a 3-3-3 tie. I actually thought Dreamz played the game pretty well (he won challenges, Earl didn't) he played both sides and came back from almost getting voted off early. I'd say he played the game second best to Yau. Earl played third best. But if I were Dreamz I wouldn't be getting a personalized license plate on that truck, unless he wants to have to repaint it every two weeks to cover the key marks.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

It was pretty obvious that Dreamz was an idiot with absolutely no concrete plan that flew by the seat of his pants and happened to find himself in the final three. The reunion show was painful to watch, because Dreamz kept blabbing but nothing of any use came out of his fucking mouth. I'm dumber for having watched it.

You know, it's one thing to lie, cheat and deceit like Dreamz did. That's part of the show, and the bar is set to the fucking stratosphere thanks to Johnny Fairplay.

But Dreamz did it and basically stole a $60,000 F-350 from Yau Man in the process. Yau is too nice of a guy to do anything, but if it were me, as soon as Dreamz said "i'm going to keep it" he would've gotten a right hook to the jaw from me.

I will say that Yau did a poor job of putting any pressure on Dreamz before the tribal council. He basically said "whatever choice he makes, he'll have to live with it." Fuck that, I would've said "we had a fucking deal, and he's giving me the fucking necklace because I handed him the keys to a 60 grand truck. If he doesn't give it to me, I'm killing his son."

Bet he would've gotten it then.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The difference between the two greatest villains in Survivor history:
    Johnny Fairplay knew he was an asshole, and decided to embrace the role just for fun. Dreamz is too deluded to realize he's an asshole.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Johnny Fairplay was psychotic. I remember reading somewhere that about half of the All-Stars cast said they would refuse to go on if he was there, which was a big reason why he wasn't asked...

Dreamz came across like a semi-literate douchebag. He was so undeserving to make it as far as he did. He just got lucky. Earl played a very strong game...

Draft saved Draft deleted