1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor finale running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, May 11, 2007.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

What are the odds they pull a Rupert and let America vote which Survivor deserves a second million?

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not having seen much of the season, Earl seems like a good choice. As he said, no one ever voted for him and he never won an immunity challenge. Sounds like a clear cut case for who played the game the best.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Hopefully, somebody is boosting Dreamz's truck right now.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

The jury all gets on there on the last show and become indignant crybabies or they decide, hell, people haven't seen or heard from me in weeks so if I'm going to make myself famous, I've got to be an ass. Wonder if Rocky was entertaining movie deals? I remember the contestants of Survivor 2 all came to the finale with AGENTS in tow. Seriously since All-Stars has any of these people become famous?

5. clarkington

clarkington Member

So if Dreamz votes Cassandra, what is the tiebreaker? Man, Yau got screwed. I never thought Earl would get all 9 votes. That's nuts. And Yau asked Dreamz not to vote him and Dreamz said yes. Man. What a crazy ending. In the end I was thinking people would really like how Dreamz played the game and vote for him for the million. But he had just screwed every one of those jurors.
    I really like this season, this was the first I really got into. Don't know what it was that was different from others.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I agree, the jurors made asses out of themselves trying to emulate a "rats and the snakes" speech. It was all cheesy and stupid. Especially Lisi saying "Dreamz, how many zeros in a million?" "Six! Six! Did you hear that everyone?"

What the fuck? Are you drunk?

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I didn't get Lisi's question about zeros in a million, either. I kept trying to put together whether it had to do with six people, maybe that were in his initial alliance.

What bothered me most about Dreamz wasn't that he cheated. It was the repeated stuff about how he was homeless. Once is enough. Twice is maybe good if you just want to throw that out there as a reminder. But the guy brought it up so often that it lost its impact and actually worked against him.

Also, if he had played that betrayal differently, he might have earned at least a few votes from the jury. Instead, he was almost apologetic about it, and that just made him look weak.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

They jury came across as what they were. A petulant bunch of bitches and assholes who were left out of winning a million.
    They tried to be dramatic and came across looking like arrogant fools.

I forget who was the schmuck who said do I need to translate it into Spanish for you?
    Go fuck yourself, loser.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I actually think she thought the answer was seven and when Dreamz correctly stated there are six, she realized she fucked up and didn't make him look stupid like she was trying to.

Alex was the one who asked if his question should be translated to spanish. I don't even know if Cassandra speaks spanish, so that made no sense either. He was just grandstanding like a buffoon.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I hope Dreamz, Rock and Boo haven't set the precedent for people showing up on Survivor with nicknames.

Lisi was a cow, I doubt she knew how many zeroes were in a million.

Cassandra may be the worst player, from a physical standpoint, to get deep in the game, in my recollection anyway.

There was a serious lack of compelling contestanmts this season. Better luck in China.

11. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

The jury was brutal last night. A bunch of grandstanding idiots.

As an aside, I wish more SJ folks watched the Amazing Race.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Love the Amazing Race, even if my girls, Dustin and Candice, didn't win it all.

Draft saved Draft deleted