1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Feb 7, 2008.

1. She was in Palyboy BEFORE being on Survivor, not after like some other castaways. Just do a search for Ami Cusack, I would suppose the pictures would be around somewhere on the Interwebs.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

We will remember this first night forever
    After all the songs fade away
    And the stage fades to gray
    And we will remember this first night together
    We'll recall the things that we said
    All the foolish dreams in our head
    On the night we met

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Way ahead of you. Found 'em a couple hours ago. I'll have to dig through my collection and see if I've got that one. Bet I do.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I was really disappointed in the first episode. It just appeared everyone was trying WAY too hard, which I guess is what you get with "fans" and "favorites."

First, I thought the whole idea that the "favorites" were at a disadvantage because everyone else knows "how they play" was stupid. It was even more stupid that people on the show kept talking about it. As if there's a great, grand strategy that is revealed in any season beyond the basic: get with a group and stick with it. I mean, what do we know about Ozzy that's SOOOO secret? That he's athletic? Big whoop. It's one thing for them to market it like that, but for the people on the show to actually act like it was any kind of advantage ... I don't get that. It's not like it was ever a huge secret in the past which players were trying to get by on their athleticism, which ones were being a little more devious and which ones were trying to lay low. I would imagine being on the island, you could figure it all out in about 2 hours anyway.

Then I thought the favorites were just awkward in general ... the four that made the alliance when working out in the jungle, they all come together and Ta-da! Poof! they have an agreement. Then, within seconds of making that group, they are all "DAMN! We need one more person! We HAVE to swing JFP or Cirie!!" ... uh, you just made your pact 15 seconds ago ... you've only been on the island for like four hours. Why don't you just walk over and ask one of them to be in your group? It's not like it's day 35 or anything.

And the whole JFP thing was really, really stupid. I am really having a hard time dealing with how lame that was. Can he even leave the island before the 39 days is up? Isn't he holed up in a hotel somewhere? I refuse to believe he actually had a change of heart on the whole thing. In any case, it was a big letdown. I wasn't really looking forward to watching him again, but the way he went out was hopelessly stupid.

All that said, I'll keep watching. I'm sure as they all grow a little more comfortable on the island and realize there really isn't too much difference between the "fans" and the "favorites", it will get better.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

TP - the tip-off that it wasn't should have been the words "fans" and "favorites"

6. DanOregon

As for the show, I agree Parvatti is smokin' and even Liza has filled out nicely. I don't remember Jonathan at all. I can't wait to see James and the Fans "Hulk" go mano a mano. That should be something.

7. Jonathan mutinied with Candance and was a general basketcase the entire season. When he actually thought about things and didn't rush decisions he was a decent player ... but mostly he was just crazy.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've read in previous seasons the booted, non-jury members were allowed to do some traveling in the general area of the show.

Hell maybe that was his plan all along. Get out there, leave and enjoy a luxury hotel at Survivor's expense.

And did we miss a whole day's worth of action? We saw them land, build shelters and settle in for the night. Then, the next time they put up a graphic it said "Day 3." Did we not see anything from Day 2 or was it just not labeled as such?

9. DanOregon

Day 2 was when they had the press come in and interview the cast and such. Probably wouldn't have made for much compelling TV.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Amy, to me, is the best-looking woman (I lean hard for the busty MILFys) the show has had.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

well you bastard.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Apparently Survivor filmed right after Danny Bonaduce sent Jonny Fairplay into reconstructive surgery and that may have played a role in Fairplay wanting to get the hell off the island...

Draft saved Draft deleted