1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Ami was definitely just as blessed the last time around ... and when she was in playboy. It's definitely a nice looking show, aside from the crazy lady ... and even she isn't that bad.

2. Not as much as Amanda's gonna feast on her some Ozzy. At least that's who appeared to be making out in the promo for the next episode.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Amy, a lesbian, could make a lot of straight guys bow as slaves, to be used solely for "breeding purposes" as she saw fit.

But she has nothing on Parvati.

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

She was in Playboy? Can't believe I missed that. Although I do get it for the articles.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

It amazes me, as a Rupert fan (and I confess, also, of Fairplay before he quiched out last night) that as popular as he is among the viewers at large, he is HATED is on the fan sites. Same thing with Stephenie, too.
    I saw a link to an interview with Ami from Afterellen, a gay entertainment site. Sounds like Ami is unspoken for, and is willing to swing either way. Hey, she's smokin' either way.
    I used to live in Elisabeth's home town. If I ever meet her, I will give her the benefit of the doubt (maybe she's nicer when the red light's not on).

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That doesn't shock me.

Look at how popular sports media people are perceived here amongst the hardcore compared to the way the general public sees them.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think Rupert became hated as soon as he was essentially voted the most popular player in Survivor history...

I'm not even sure he made the jury in Pearl Islands, if he did it was barely... I think he was Final Four in all-stars, but was carried there by Boston Rob...

Yet, he won $1 million because people liked him... There is bound to be backlash to something like that...

8. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I think JFP played this pretty smart.

He knew he could not win but is still a fame whore who wanted to get the appearance fee. He gets the cash and does not have to do any of the actually “work” of being on Survivor.

I do get a kick out of Probsts’ indignation.

9. Great point. They really do hate him and Stephanie, two of my favorites (although I liked her a lot more on Guatemala then on Pulau).

10. I would agree. I was shocked at the amount of hatred Probst showed. He is usually pretty even-keeled, but he didn't exactly holdback with Fairplay. Not that he said anything that anyone didn't already know or wasn't already thinking, but it just wasn't the typical Probst.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I guess he legitimately hates the guy. I saw a story where he vehemently fought to have him left off this season but ultimately lost.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Parvati is cut, she has a beautiful smile and she's a flirt.

I couldn't be on Survivor with her because I would be wrapped around her pinky. Just like James is.

Draft saved Draft deleted