1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Cook Islands Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Sep 14, 2006.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I always thought a magnifying glass would be a great item to take since you could use it to start fire, right?

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Do they still do the one item thing? I know in the past people took bibles, stuffed animals and even skateboards. But I'd be all for taking a swiss army knife or on of those thermal survival blanket things you can stuff in your pocket. Heck, a shaker full of salt would come in handy to season the coconut and snake dinners.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Seems like it had to be of personal affect or something. I remember the guy taking his huge Texas flag and then using it as a tarp - that might have pissed the producers off.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

When in doubt, go with the original ... the household device with the most lurid name: the Leatherman Super Tool.

[​IMG]

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I still love the show... It's rebounded well after a few tough seasons a couple years ago... I'll be watching and rooting for the white team... Just joking... Sort of...

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

If memory serves me correctly, they haven't been able to take personal items the past few seasons but have been given necessities like a machette and pot to cook in.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

One item I'd take on the island ... Fleshlight. :p

8. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I think it would have been more fitting if the white bunch had stolen the chicken from a team of Native Americans. But I'll take whatever irony I can get. I admit that I grinned briefly when the badass black dude stepped forward and said that he wanted to send the guy who stole his chicken to Exile Island.

Speaking of the pale squad, did they pick the most shallow people on the planet? I mean, they practically had an orgie the first night.

In any case, I'm just waiting for the Vietnamese dude to convince his new buddy that the best way to remove toxins from the body is to suck them out through the tube of consciousness, which is connected to the sack of serenity.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If there is a lazy (or can be edited as lazy) black man on your block, Mark Burnett will cast him.
    If the white people had simply drowned the chickens when they had the chance, they wouldn't have escaped when roller bimbo lifted up the box.
    Vietnamese refugee Cao Boi telling jokes about dogs next week...my golden retriever will tune in next week to see some karma dealt.
    Parvati? Man, she was hot before she turned back into Janice Soprano Baccilleri.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The whole African-American team seemed dysfunctional. And why was Probst telling them to move it during the challenge? They know they're way behind.

Depending how long he lasts, Cao Boi may be one of the most interesting survivors ever. Or one of the most annoying. Or both.

And what exactly is a "roller girl"? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

nice

12. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

I believe I can answer that for you Huggster. She lives in my area. She plays in a female roller derby league around here. I think there are four teams. Her roller name is "Flica Flame" and she gets all made up for each match.

For those of you betting, her friends told the local paper that they didn't think she lasted very long because she didn't look that much thinner.

Draft saved Draft deleted