1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Blood Vs. Water

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by partain, Sep 3, 2013.

1. partain

partain Member

I said I wouldn't watch, and then did anyway. And just when I thought Colton might be a little different this time around, he threatens to hit Kat in the head with his oar.

Judging from the previews of this week, he's back to his old self pretty quickly. Let me know when he's gone and maybe I'll give it another chance.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Why does Probst call Brad Culpepper by his last name and is there any doubt he took roids to play at 280lbs in the NFL?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Same reason as Cochrane. :D

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

It's a shitty first name anyway.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I heard him say something about the NFL but didn't pay attention.
    That guy played nine seasons at defensive tackle in the NFL?
    Drugs.

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Is Colton the most childish adult on the planet? Probst looked like he was seriously pissed they brought him back. Loved how he grilled that useless tool and didn't let him throw his buff in the fire because it was only for competitors. I don't see Culpepper lasting long once they merge. Too much of an asshole.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What bugs me is that you go through hours of interviews for these things. They knew what they were getting (twice).
    Question 1 on the application should be Name three things you have quit and explain why.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Not usually my kind of thing, but I liked the castigation.
    It was well deserved.
    And shame on the show for bringing him back in the first place.

The ex-NFL guy has to go. Annoying d-bag.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They've been burned before and they'll be burned again. The worst offender was Johnny Fairplay, who took the $50K they guaranteed him to come back and then begged to be voted off in Week 1.

It's funny because in all of the promos that Probst did for this season, the two he talked about the most were Colton and Rupert and now both are gone.

I still think this has been a surprisingly good season because having the family members on other tribes raises the tension level considerably.

I give Culpepper credit for playing the game, but he's doing too much too soon. It will be interesting to see if he makes the merge, I'm guessing not...

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You also have to figure that the meatheads have seen how they try and create a level playing field in the Redemption Island challenges, and realize that it won't matter how much you can dead lift when you get over there.

11. TwoGloves

I'm thinking they bring two people back from Redemption Island.

12. TwoGloves

Probst talks about Coltin:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/03/survivor-blood-vs-water-jeff-probst-colton-quit/

Draft saved Draft deleted