1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor B thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Nov 19, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

I don't even remember that..what season was this?

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Marquesas

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You don't thijnk CBS knew ahead of time? Puhleeze...

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

They didn't continue the tradition and of course, we know from Rosie's history she basically does what she pleases.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She was definitely terrible on that show, but I'm guessing the car company was more than happy for the exposure...

Whoever brought up the fighter pilot, that's a good call... I think he finished third, but was the best player that season...

6. hoopswriter

hoopswriter Member

Everyone forgets how Colby dominated in Season 2, winning individual immunity challenges to push himself to the end, then he took Tina to the final. He was Terry in the earlygoing of the show.

Terry was awesome.

Yul deserves mention too.

Best female: Stephenie from Survivor 10 Palau

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Aren't they about due for a Survivor: All-Stars II?

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The cast for the next installment in Micronesia (starting Feb. 7) has been announced. As had been reported, it's half past Survivor contestants and half superfans.

http://tinyurl.com/24e35y

So who was lucky enough to make the cut? The Favorites tribe features contestants going all the way back to season 7, including two from the recently completed Survivor: China — gravedigger James Clement and the person who engineered his ouster, Amanda Kimmel. Survivor: Fiji sends its most popular player, 55-year-old Yau-Man Chan, while the Cook Islands season is responsible for three contestants: flirt-tastic Parvati Shallow, triple-crossing Jonathan Penner, and challenge dominator Ozzy Lusth.

Rounding out the tribe is Survivor: Panama 's Cirie Fields, Vanuatu's Eliza Orlins and Ami Cusack, and Survivor's biggest villain ever: Pearl Islands ' Jon Dalton (a.k.a. Jonny Fairplay), who once famously faked his own grandmother's death to further himself in the game.

''You can't do the season and not invite your most notorious person,'' says Probst. ''And Fairplay delivered, I will say that.'' Does that mean he delivers a victory? Don't bet on it, laughs Probst. ''This guy is no threat to win this game — zero.''

Damn, there's some eye candy here. Amanda, Parvati, Eliza ... there are some cheese crackers on the fan side too. And I'm glad James is getting another shot.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Maybe James can get six immunity idols, not play any of them and get voted out.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I really dislike him. So much so that I rooted for the bulls when he was on Ty Murray's Celebrity Bullriding Challenge.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I wouldn't expect him to last long -- who wouldn't axe him at the first opportunity?

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thing about Fairplay is everyone hates him, so of course you'd want to form an alliance with him and drag him along until you don't need him anymore. He's no challenge threat and when he goes behind your back, nobody would trust him.
    Glad to see James back and all of the women seem bikini-friendly.

Draft saved Draft deleted