1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survival Tip of the Day: How to open a bottle of beer with a $20 bill

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Nov 6, 2009.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

And they say great journalism is dead.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I use the underside of my forearm on the really tricky cases.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I use the hem of my shirt. Sheesh.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Yo da man! ;D

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Find a fence post, for fuck's sake.

Or a Bic lighter.

6. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

My buddy used to use his cell phone.
    Then he broke one.
    And cracked another.
    And another.
    He calls them his "disposable Razrs"

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Razrs are disposable anyway. I went through 3 in 18 months, and I wasn't using them to open bottles.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

No kidding. And this only days after the Star announced a forthcoming "major restructuring" throughout its empire.

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/720595--star-announces-major-restructuring

The Toronto Star has launched what its publisher is saying will likely be the biggest restructuring in the newspaper's history by offering voluntary buyouts to employees in all divisions of the company.

John Cruickshank told employees in a memo Tuesday that the broad reworking of the company "will affect every job in every corner of the organization" and could include layoffs.

He also said that Canada's largest circulation daily paper is also exploring the possibility of contracting out some work in both copy editing and pagination work. The plans could expand to include editorial content and other production, he added.

"We must find the best way to operate our business at the lowest possible cost, including contracting out non core functions where there is a sound business case to do so," he wrote in the memo.

"This will involve what is likely to be the biggest restructuring of the Star's workforce in its history."

But hey, let's waste dwindling resources on a cheesy demonstration of how to open a twist-top beer bottle cap without twisting off the cap (and spilling part of the fucking beer in the process). There's intelligence for you. ::)

9. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

When I click on "Patience" it brings me to a page that says "Bad Request." Is this a broken link or a clever joke?

Draft saved Draft deleted