1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Surprise -- Rush finds a backer in The Middle

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lone star scribe, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Actress Patricia Heaton, who stars in ABC's plodding sitcom "The Middle," apparently has sided with Rush Limbaugh on the birth control debate. She tweeted some less than complimentary comments about Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke's testimony, then gutlessly took them down when the news spread. Here's the link:

http://www.newser.com/story/141095/patricia-heaton-attacks-sandra-fluke-deletes-twitter.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

She sounds like she might be an SportsJournalists.com poster.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Heaton has always been a big, big supporter of conservative viewpoints.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

She's one of the more active right-wing celebrities. Not surprising. Fnord.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Not a surprise at all. Patricia Heaton is well-known for her conservative views. When the ad of Michael J. Fox aired showing him in full Parkinson's distress advocating stem-cell research, the GOP quickly made a rebuttal ad starring Heaton.

6. dooley_womack1

Michael J. Fox is a slut.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I read the title and thought you left "East" off the end of it. But those are the good misogynists.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You don't see many political discussions on sitcoms since Norman Lear's heyday. Modern Family really needs to take a crack at it. I'm guessing Cam and Mitchell are shocked to learn that either Phil or Claire are closet Republicans. Whatever happened to Claire's political campaign? I figure she lost?

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You mean after they went viral with Phil getting auto-tuned?

That would be an interesting episode if Modern Family got political, but I imagine the networks are too scared of advertiser boycotts and turning off viewers.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And now that I think about it, I don't know how much of closeted Republican Claire would be considering her love of guns and the anti-speeding campaign.

As for the viral thing, you never know. It might have resulted in a bounce.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Damn it, we will have a Rush Limbaugh thread on this board, if it's the last thing we do!

12. dooley_womack1

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted