1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Surely, he's just parodying himself ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Montezuma's Revenge, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

DLB, going down a twisted, tortured road to defend UM ...

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/columnists/dan_le_batard/15991900.htm

This is what happens when you are marked. LeBron James, because of his reputation, doesn't incur the same wrath for walking away from a game early, as he did this week, as does Randy Moss. Same action, different reaction. Same action, different reputation. Jim Tressel wears a professorial sweater vest, so Maurice Clarett's behavior after leaving Ohio State somehow doesn't stain his school the way Jeremy Shockey's more benign clowning somehow stains Miami. A teammate can kill another at Baylor, with the coach lying to protect himself and his school, and it doesn't become a reflection on the program the way the senseless killing of Bryan Pata somehow became a referendum on UM in too many clouded eyes this week.

Peyton Manning can change his reputation by winning.

But what does Miami have to do?

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

His columns have gotten exceptionally lazy.

Every Sunday piece (I THINK he writes twice a week now) is a mere regurgitation of what he has been yapping on his radio show.

I'd be a little pissed if I were the Herald paying him a quarter mill and all he could come up with was plagiarism of his radio show.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I thought this was going to be about Whitlock seeing how many threads he can start about himself, to feed his massive overblown ego.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I hadn't even bothered to bring this one up.

Paragraph after paragraph of " . . . but THEY did . . . "

" . . . but THEY did . . . "

" . . . but THEY did . . . "

. . . ad nauseum.

Miami football has to be purer than Caesar's wife, on and off the field, to regain respect.
    It'll take years. Tough shit. It took decades to get to its current state. Coker had actually
    improved the image, up to this point, but . . . whoops.

Of course, if they went pure OFF the field, we'd be back to the mid-'70s. But that would
    be a fate worse than death for the precious U.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You know, obesessions are very unhealthy...

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

"The Hurricanes went nearly four years without an arrest -- a staggering stat you will find nowhere in the top 25."

------------------------

WTF?

Staggering?

Only thing that is staggering is his apologism. I'd love to see the arrest figures among the Top 25.

And, for him to say no arrests, in the light of the actions of a couple players in the brawl...

How do we put this fucker out of business.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No, he's not parodying himself. And don't call him Shirley.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Miami must, collectively, drive a stake through Dan LeBastard's heart.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It's for his own good. He is a werewolf.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This is why alums SHOULD NOT write about their alma maters. Suck suck slurp, sis boom bah.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The U finished tied for 8th in the Fulmer Cup. Must have been a rebuilding year.

[​IMG]

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"A teammate can kill another at Baylor, with the coach lying to protect himself and his school, and it doesn't become a reflection on the program the way the senseless killing of Bryan Pata somehow became a referendum on UM in too many clouded eyes this week."

It most certainly was a refelction of Baylor under Dave Bliss, you jackass. That's why Bliss was let go and he'll never coach in college basketball again. If it weren't a reflection, Bliss would have been hired at Douchebag State by now. As it stands, no school will ever go near this guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted