1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Supreme Court Justice Bill Clinton?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Did the article also hint at Emperor for Life Dick Cheney? One ludicrous story deserves another, you know.

2. In a related note, the Daily Kos website reports that George W. Bush would like to be named America's No. 1 Cowboy and quotes Kos as saying, "The soon-to-be former president would be intrigued by Cowboy service and many would cheer him on."

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Dan Quayle named Executive Vice President in charge of Spelling Bees at Scripps?

Senator Ted Stevens the ambassador to technology?

Renaming the Washington Monument the Reagan Monument?

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

In related news, Hillary Clinton plans to nominate Batboy during a recess appointment if Bill isn't approved.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

[​IMG]

How would he vote on Roe v. Wade? Is a federalist, or does he believe in an interventionist court?

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

And while we are at it, a sneak peek at a possible Hillary Clinton cabinet and board of advisers.....

James McDougal as director of housing and development with his top aide being James Guy Tucker?

Ted Kennedy as director of vehicular homicide investigations?

Barney Frank as director of prostitution and solicitation investigations?

Sandy Berger as director of classified documents?

Jesse Jackson as director of wiping out illegitimate childbearing in urban areas?

Dan Rostenkowski as director of finance and treasury?

James Green as director of the IRS?

Marion Berry as director of drug policies and enforcement?

James Traficant as director of the department to stamp out organized crime?

Carl Hubbard as director of elections?

Webster Hubbell as postmaster general?

7. markvid

markvid Guest

That's hillarious.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Not sure Bill ever "lied to the Supreme Court," he merely – and I used that word advisedly – merely lied under oath in a federal court setting. Pretty heroic.

But unless you're posting from Gitmo, where you are a detained enemy combatant, I'd be curious to hear you defend the meme that the current president has "wipe(d) his ass with the Biil of Rights."

Is the government boarding soldiers in your house?

Did the Congress (and the B of R refers specifically to law-making, not the executive branch) make a law restricting your freedom of speech, or of assembly or of the free exercise of religion?

Did someone come pry your gun out of your cold, dead hand?

Seriously, I get bored with this. Tell me how YOU have been damaged in a constitutional sense by the current administration.

Or, alternatively, have a big steaming cup of carbon-neutral STFU.

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Are you serious? This is how we should judge presidential behavior now?

I guess you righties should stop posting about what a pox on the nation the Clinton years were. Hell, Watergate? No big deal.

After all, none of that adversely affected ME.

Jesus.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Henry, I'm surprised by that from you...so what it didn't affect us directly.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_PATRIOT_Act

It might be for the greater good. But you know it will take an act of God to get it off the books. Even in times of peace.

This administration did not allow pictures of caskets from the war? Right? That went on for a few months, right?

This administration also created and produced propagandized video "news" stories on Bush's health program.

Did it effect me in my everyday life? Maybe no, maybe yes. Maybe I wont know for five years or 25 years.

12. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

[​IMG]

Batboy as an adult

Draft saved Draft deleted