1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Supreme Court Justice Bill Clinton?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Jan 3, 2008.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Wait a minute --- how could this pose a problem for a Democrat. Bill Clinton is the most beloved and greatest president ever!

2. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Why doesn't someone put the "Mission Accomplished" photo in this thread, or the hidden camera photo of W releasing the tigers?

Who in their right mind would recommend W for the Supreme Court? Fenian, any of your men of straw lounging around somewhere?

Sheesh.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

And no one is thinking of Bill for the Supreme Court. No one. Bill doesn't want the job. Hillary doesn't want to give him the job.

This is a caucus day anti-Hillary piece.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Is that your gavel under that robe Mr. Justice Clinton, or are you just glad to see me?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

An anti Hillary piece from the Clinton News Network - not a chance

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Bingo...there is smoke from this campfire.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'll go with Webster's description. The story is bullshit. The only one stating it is Pepperdine Law School's Douglas Kmiec. With this guy being as conservative as he is, what source would have have on how Hillary was thinking?

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There is zero chance. Zip. Nada. Nil. Not a hint of smoke.

The only people quoted by name are:

1) a respected Supreme Court commentator who writes that "this particular idea has zero chance of coming true"; and

2) A Federalist society member who served in two GOP administrations and is a professor at Ken Starr's law school who has no facts on his side and no relationship with Bubba but who surmises that "the former president would be intrigued by court service".

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Anti Hillery and pro Obama?

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I can see Slick Willie analyzing a legal brief and unable to decide a case because "it depends what the definition of is is."

11. I'd vote Clinton for the Supreme Court if he was nominated.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Blue font? I understand what you are saying.

I would not approve of it, but last time I checked, I did not have a vote.

There has to be a more worthy candidate considering Bill's past. Most judges also are not hooked into lobbyists like Presidents. At least I hope not.

Draft saved Draft deleted