1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Support For Iraq War Dwindling

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When you lose Scaife, well....
    http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003612271

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Wow.

Talk about losing your base.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What a turn of events. Makes you wonder if some editorial page writer is talking out of school.

If not, the next-to-last dog is dead and the last dog is on life support.

4. And when Crazy Dick Scaife starts questioning your "mental stability," well...

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That's heavy stuff. You guys are obviously a lot more plugged in that others of us, me included. What's the deal with those no love comments by Bush?

6. I watched the presser the other day and he really looked depressed and a bit off-the-trolley. The tone of those comments was more unsettling than their substance. He's looking around for friends these days and not finding any. I think he feels the wals closing in, and I think he knows that Cheney and the various vultures who follow him, will kick the POTUS ass to the curb in five minutes if they think it will get them off the hook.
    And he sounded like a guy, frankly, who's drinking again.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Look, I'm the last person in the world who wants to see this fail in Iraq. Failure means the deaths of way too many American troops, something I can't abide because despite having been out for eight years, they're still brothers in arms.

But if it continues like this and support continues to erode, what's the end game here? Impeachment? Or does Bush simply last until the election, a poison to any and all candidates who distance themselves from him, then fade off into the darkness after inauguration day?

8. I don't know, alley. I've come around on impeachment -- of both of them -- because I don't know of another way they can be stopped. I really don't. However, if this thing drifts for two years, well, ythe country's going up on the rocks and a lot of somebodies are going to be damaged. And, as was the case on the Titanic, there aren't enough boats.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-senategop17jul17,0,7228880,full.story

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

10. Hey, it's got my vote.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Give me a break.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

At the air-conditioned press conference last week, that was one of his answers.... "some decisions don't allow you to be loved."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.