1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Supplementing your income

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by WaylonJennings, May 20, 2007.

1. Deal drugs?

2. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I hear they pay good money for another bodily fluid down there in the States... and it's probably more enjoyable than giving blood.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And depending on your health, you might be able to knock both out with one shot

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Actually, you have to pay them to take your urine.

Oh. .. Oooooooooooohhhhhh. Bow chica bow wow.

6. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Another option: donating plasma.

Most places let you come twice/week and will give you up to $80 total. That's an extra $320/month.

7. Boognish

Boognish Member

I know they tell you that it doesn't affect your body all that much. But I used to do it twice a week and after a couple months I felt like I no longer had a soul.

On the plus side, when they pump whatever solution they used to replenish you back into your arm, it feels kind of cool. And if it's an 'urban' donation center, you'll be sure to get to know plenty twice-weekly crackheads on a first-name basis. The Arby's next door used to cash our checks, too, so long as we bought something. Good luck.

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

You could also ask all the big stars for autographs and sell them on ebay .. that is if you don't mind being the butt of many sportsjournalists.com jokes and one of the bottom-feeders in the industry.

On a serious note, when fresh out of college and broke as hell, I worked at a car wash on my own time for tips. Since I made my own schedule, I didn't get an hourly wage, but you can make about $2 a car and if you spend a few hours there, it can add up.

PS - I'm still broke as hell.

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I caddy on my days off.
    Sadly, I make as much in those three days as I do with a 40-hour work week.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You could ask Richard Seigler about his moonlighting job and what it takes to break into that line of business......

11. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Sorry boys, but this has got to the most depressing thread of all-time.

Selling blood? Hawking plasma and sperm?

How about a garage sale or a lemonade stand?

Maybe you should spend your energy looking for a change in career. That may actually pay off.

Just a thought.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

How about selling blood and sperm at your lemonade stand? Would that work as a compromise?

Draft saved Draft deleted