1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Superbad

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DougDascenzo, Aug 8, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So explain Love Actually!!!!

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I haven't seen the first one or the third one, but Love Actually is one of my favorite movies ever. It is so much better than any other chick flick because of the 12 different story lines and how they don't each resolve all happy and perfect. Plus, they show what Tony Blair should have done to George Bush and it has many laugh out loud funny moments.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've never walked out of a movie, although I seriously considered walking out of 'The Road to Wellville' and 'Van Helsing.'

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I walked out of The Avengers, as soon as I saw Sean Connery in the pink teddy bear suit I was gone!!

5. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Sean has sure taken a dive from those bond movies.

6. estreetband75

estreetband75 Member

Totally agree on the soundtrack. I think I've bought one soundtrack in the last 10 years (Walk The Line) but I'll get this one.

7. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

I just saw it. i thought it was overall funnier than Knocked Up, although there was a definite lull in the middle where no one in the theater was really laughing. But the sleeping bag scene got the giggles out again.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Apatow is the new darling of the right; regarded as the great white Hollywood hope for conservatives.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

How in the FUCK do you politicize this thread?

10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Not me; Apatow. He's been making the media rounds, shooting off his mouth about the 'liberals' in the film industry, bragging about how all of his movies contain a distinct right wing message, and promising that he and Rogen intend to open up new opportunities for conservatives in Hollywood.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I agree with those that say there was a lull in the middle ... between all of the dick jokes, there had to be some sort of plot, but it took forever to really develop.

But I laughed my ass off ... and that's all I was hoping to do. I wasn't expecting anything more.

And yeah, George Michael was a lot like George Michael. And damn if the sleeping bag scene didn't remind me of the second episode of Arrested Development when George Michael and Michael wake up in the attic in sleeping bags next to each other ...

12. Googlaw

Googlaw Member

So funny. I was in a theatre full of people that were falling out of their seats laughing. I would definitely see it at least once or maybe twice more in the theatres.
    "I just don't want to suck dick at fucking pussy."

Draft saved Draft deleted