1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super-collider may end world Wednesday?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Have they turned the fucking thing on yet? I keep getting weird headaches and my satellite dish keeps pausing. God damn black holes.

2. KG

KG Active Member

Hey look, we're still alive. I am anyway. Then again, there doesn't seem to be many people on here right now. Maybe the black hole has already swallowed them. Hmmmmm.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

They fired it up this morning.

I'm not sure if I'm still here, I haven't had my coffee yet (stupid, slow coffeemaker!)

And today simply won't work for me for ending the world. I have a story due at 10 a.m., errands to run and the kids have youth group tonight. The rest of the week is even busier, but check back with me next week. I might be able to work that end of the world thing in Tuesday afternoon.

4. KG

KG Active Member

Don't black holes affect time? Maybe we are actually already in the black hole, but time has slowed down immensely. We just don't know it yet.

Hey Rosie, that should give you more time to get the stuff done. There is a bright side to this black hole thing.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I dunno.

Star Trek (on TV Land) is almost over and this story isn't getting done very fast. I'm not that much further along than when the show came on.

(Budget and levies make my head hurt - especially without enough coffee.)

Maybe the black holes have missed my neck of the woods.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I CANNOT believe I was misled into thinking this was happening today, rather than in October. I really shouldn't have shit on my office floor before I left yesterday. This is going to be an unpleasant morning.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Well, so much for that.

Considering all the different ways there are to die, unexpected mass vaporization would be way up there for me, though. No sorrow, sadness, pain or regrets involved. Everyone goes at the same time. It seems very tidy.

8. I Digress

I Digress Guest

well, my computer is sort of kerflooey this morning, but i'm still here.. i blame comcast

9. The Granny

The Granny Guest

And here I spent all my savings on Cosmopolitans and man-whores.

Sigh ... :'(

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The Large Hadron Collider is one typo away from the end of some wire editor's world.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yes!!!

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The recent stories about this parrot unseen experts as saying it could have disastrous consequences, yet fail to produce a quote from even one expert to back it up.

We now know what events rate in-depth coverage, and the end of the world isn't one.

Draft saved Draft deleted