1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XLVIII thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Also, I know (and I know you know) that Manning has a history of struggling in cold weather against a defense that can maul his receivers and throw off their timing. Bill Polian is already calling the NFL office to tell it to change the rules to stop Seattle.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, it's Manning in cold weather against Seattle having to play away from home. I wonder if that off-sets each other.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Plus, he's a Stanford grad with a degree in communications, and he did work towards his Masters Degree. His intellect can elucidate the country on matters of social import as well as the intricacies of running and jumping. We can be sure he won't bring mediocre stuff to the press conferences.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Of necessity, the weather forecast is very vague about the wind, which is the real weather factor of the Meadowlands. But as all Northeasterners know "wintry mix" is a synonym for "really sucks out there."

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm 200 yards from the Gulf of Mexico and they're calling for snow here Tuesday night and Wednesday. The weather sucks pretty much everywhere in the country this week except San Diego and Miami.

Obviously, it wouldn't matter in domed stadiums either. But getting around all week would be a bitch.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In new Met Life Stadium the weather ( wind) can be a factor at anytime during season.
    The wind seems to swirl in a very unpredictable manner. Weak armed QBs have had fits.
    I have no doubt that it was part of reason for Mark Sanchez demise.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Are you still on this ridiculous notion that the Seahawks can't play on the road?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know, Seattle was only 6-2 on the road with close losses to SF and Indy, sounds pretty horrible.

Denver OTOH was a robust 6-2 on the road.

9. heyabbott

The team hotels are in Jersey City. Where are the practice facilities for each team? Are they indoors?

Will the annual cattle call interviews take place on the field at Met Life this week, in the subfreezing weather?

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Seattle at Giants indoor facility, Denver at Jets indoor facility.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And Media Day is at Prudential Center in Newark.

12. heyabbott

They are a good 40 minutes apart from each other and Florham Park is 40 minutes from Jersey City. Miserable drives, too

Draft saved Draft deleted