1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XLVIII thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I will say that this year's "dead week" between the conference championships and the start of Super Bowl week has been one of the more entertaining ones in a while. There's usually not much going on at all until the teams arrive in the host city. The Sherman stuff filled the dead week nicely.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I really hope idiot Richard Sherman gets injured. Or at least loses his voice for a week. Having to listen to that moron takes a lot of the fun out of the whole thing.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Shocked you feel this way.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Someone will bait him on media day, ask something potentially inflammatory and hope he'll go off on some rant. It happens most years, especially when there's a motor mouth playing.

Just curious as to what the topic will be: Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, maybe something totally unrelated to football. We'll find out soon enough.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Like him or not, Sherman's mouth is earning him millions.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's not some loose cannon. Even his famous rant, it is well-established at this point, was calculated.

He just has fun playing football.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hoping he gets hurt is a little extreme, don't you think?

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

And acting like a dick.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

To quote Foo Fighters, The Daily News is already done, done, on to the next one ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love that it's a cold-weather game. I'm just bracing myself for a full week of whining from the media, who probably wish they were in Miami... I would love to get Chicago, Denver and Philly into the SB rotation.

I know there are certain places where they just couldn't pull it off (Buffalo, GB, DC, New Eng.), I've heard both sides on Pittsburgh.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Broncos 27, Seahawks 20

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't imagine the media will complain too much about being in NYC for a week. It's the corporate America attendees who may say, "why have the Super Bowl here? We live here!"

Mizzou, I know that someday there will be a football game between a world-class offense and world-class defense where the offense wins. I just don't expect to live long enough to see it. Seattle 24-21.

Draft saved Draft deleted