1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XLVII

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I've only dealt with Jim once and he was actually pretty nice. Not a jerk at all. Gave me a couple great anecdotes. It's clear he can be an ass, but I don't know that he is always.

John can be an ass too, but he can also be great.

Jack is nice to everyone.

I'm fascinated to see how they'll both handle everything.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Being an ass to people at times doesn't necessarily make one a bad person. Right?

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Who's the bigger jerk? Jim Harbaugh, for throwing QB Alex Smith under the bus? Or John Harbaugh, for ditching OC Jim Caldwell in December?

4. Double Down

I'm not sure why either move makes either man a "jerk" since it's extremely unlikely either man would have made it to the Super Bowl without those moves.

But if you really wish to parse your ridiculous question, it's pretty clear John Harbaugh had no choice and that the owner made him fire Cameron.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Good for the owner. Cameron was awful.

Also, Smith was just a victim of circumstances. That change would have come sooner rather than later. Luckily for the 49ers and their fans, it happened midseason. On a related note, does anyone think the 49ers rally from down 17 if Smith starts yesterday?

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

No, they don't rally from 17-0 with Smith at QB.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Vernon Davis's last few years have been pretty interesting.

Clark Haggans will be in his third Super Bowl for three different teams.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Crap. Wait, he at least won 1 with the Steelers, right? Otherwise its the Cubs jinx. Noooooo!

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Firing Alex Smith as you QB is ideal, because it means you have a better option.

Firing Malcolm "Cam" Cameron as your offensive coordinator is an attempt to rectify the mistake of hiring him in the first place.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

What is it with IU people who keep inexplicably getting hired? First Isiah, now Cameron.

11. Double Down

I'm just curious, does Mark cheer for Kaep one half, and then against him for a half?

Or do things kind of cancel one another out and he feels fairly "meh" toward him for a full game?

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Mark is unable to watch the games, per a recent ruling by The Man.

Draft saved Draft deleted