1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XLVII

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jan 20, 2013.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Who ya got?

Early line has SF by 5:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/20/san-francisco-49ers-baltimore-ravens-super-bowl-xlvii-spread/1850359/

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

nobody picks us. Ever. [/rayray]

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'd make two bets:

1) Niners minus the points

2) Billy Cundiff is kicking against his old team

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Baltimore 34, San Francisco 33. MVP: Joe Flacco.

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

OK, everyone get your bets in. Load up on San Fran.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are going to look old as Vernon Davis runs free in the middle, when Kaepernick isn't running loose.

Figure that Pats would have gone to the tight end more if Gronkowski was in. Hernandez caught only two balls after the half, and one of those was after it was decided.

What's with the new trophies? Weak.

San Fran 33, Baltimore 16. The NFC owned the AFC this year in interconference play.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Joe Flacco is the worst quarterback ever to make five postseasons, three conference championships and a Super Bowl in his first five seasons.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Who in the FUCK said you could start this thread, TV?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Judging from the NFL Network, it's gonna be a looong two weeks of hype. I believe a week from Monday at 10:15 a.m. is when Ray Lewis is slated to come to my house to motivate me and mine.

10. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Should be a great game.

49ers have the better defense, more weapons and a better offensive line.

Despite this, I can't see how the Ravens lose this game. I'm a big believer that motivation can trump skill and the Ravens have massive amounts of it (OJ Brigance, Art Modell, Ray's last game, Ed's last game, Joe Flacco wants to get PAID, Ray Rice always has chip on shoulder). Etc. Etc. Etc.

Ravens 27, 49ers 20

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So who do you have in the Super Bowl team member arrested in the next two weeks thread?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Considering Michael Crabtree is under investigation for sexual assault, he's the frontrunner at the moment.

Draft saved Draft deleted