1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XLV running thread -- The Pack is Back and is the Champ

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Re: Super Bowl XLV running thread

The national Cowboy base is the most notorious for this. Frontrunning is in their genes.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Why are Cowboys fans puking up Casper the Friendly Ghost?

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

And in the 10-day forecast, there is no projected daily high that hits 60. You want to get together outside in shorts and short sleeves, that's one thing; watching TV outdoors when it's in the 40s, that's lunacy.

4. Re: Super Bowl XLV running thread

You and me both. I thought Pittsburgh would be a 1-2 point favorite out of the gate and maybe 3-3.5 by kickoff.
    I'll be curious to how the line moves as we get closer to kickoff.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"So Ben, was it a rape in Pittsburgh and a motorcycle crash in Milledgeville, or a ..."

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Biggest? I don't know...

Most passionate? Without question.

I'm surprised Pittsburgh isn't favored.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am going with the Under on this one. Think it will be a low scoring event. Packers were the best D I watched this year. Can't see either team being able to do a lot on offense.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Boom, I agree with you. Both Ds ought to be familiar with QBs you MUST keep in the pocket when pass rushing, since both teams have one themselves. And I don't see many rushing yards in this one, either.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If one of those teams can run at all, that could be a big factor. The Packers have an outstanding defense, but the Jets were third in the NFL against the run this season and Rashard Mendenhall ran well against them twice.

I think it got lost in all of the talk about Roethlisberger, the Steelers' big first half and the Jets' rally, but Mendenhall was the biggest reason the Steelers won yesterday. He had 95 yards and a touchdown and caught two passes for 32 more yards in that first half. He ended up with 127 on the ground, often turning losses into decent gains.

If the offensive line gives him any help at all, Mendenhall could be a big factor in the Super Bowl. Unfortunately for the Steelers, there have been many games this season in which that line did not give him any help, and this could be another if Pouncey doesn't play.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think Hines Ward could be the difference. As good as the Packers receivers are, Jennings drops a lot of passes and Driver is prone to do stupid shit like he did yesterday that led to an interception.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Don't sleep on Jaguars.

Draft saved Draft deleted