1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XIII alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-Backs Hack, Jan 22, 2007.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

If there are other vintage-broadcast junkies here besides me, NFL Network is replaying the NBC telecast of the Steelers-Cowboys SB XIII in about a half an hour (at least where I live).

The ol' cowboy, Curt Gowdy, calls his last Super Bowl. And a hell of a game to boot.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The final Super Bowl at the OB.

A tear drops.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Christ... look how close Merlin is to Brodie.

He could French kiss him from there.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I'll say this about Terry Bradshaw, who consistently gets passed over on all-Super Bowl teams....

SB wins over the Purple People Eaters, the Doomsday Defense twice, and Rams (they allowed 16.33 points a game those seasons)... pretty f-ing impressive

EDIT: Tony Dungy is in the game on the nickel coverage.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Gotta love the days of simple helvetica font on-screen graphics.

NFL Network is scheduled to replay Super Bowl III next week.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

If you ever see I, II, IV, V or VI... please PM me.

I don't think I is out there.

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I thought I heard that there isn't an official tape of the broadcast of Super Bowl I and that the NFL Films package is all there is.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Imagine if the Pats and Bears were the SB foes this year. The Bears' only SB win would be on a loop for two weeks.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The moment I heard about Super Bowl XIII on the NFL Network, the Steelers fanboy looser made sure to DVR it. Of course, I'm not sure whether it taped all of it because they started it at 7:50 p.m. -- 20 minutes later than scheduled -- but that's OK. I'm curious just to see an old school broadcast, more than anything else.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I have to give it to my man Oz. He could have DB'd me, but he didn't. Gave me a chance to delete my DB from Sports & News.

Watch for a random Steeler flipping off the camera in the post-game Steelers locker room. Pretty funny. Also watch for Mike Adamle's trophy ceremony interview, quite conceivably the worst ever. He didn't ask a question, he just gushed about what an honor it was to be in the Steelers' locker room to which Chuck Noll said, "I'm glad for you."

I'm pretty sure the Super Bowl I telecast is gone forever, ironic, given that it aired on CBS and NBC. I'd settle for Super Bowl II, that would kick ass.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Some people here, half their posts are telling other what threads not to start. I just figure who am I to say.

12. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

II is missing too. CBS either didn't keep a tape or it went bad. IV, also CBS, only has the finish and postgame coverage.
    And Adamle was awful, though it looked like he was told to hurry it up and throw it back to Enberg. Rerunning on NFL Network now (3 a.m. ET).

Draft saved Draft deleted