1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl winner

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDJournalist, Aug 7, 2013.

?

Who wins the Super Bowl this year?

1. Arizona Cardinals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Atlanta Falcons

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Baltimore Ravens

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. Buffalo Bills

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. Carolina Panthers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Chicago Bears

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. Cincinnati Bengals

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  8. Cleveland Browns

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  9. Dallas Cowboys

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  10. Detroit Lions

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  11. Green Bay Packers

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  12. Houston Texans

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  13. Indianapolis Colts

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  14. Jacksonville Jaguars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Kansas City Chiefs

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  16. Miami Dolphins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Minnesota Vikings

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. New England Patriots

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  19. New Orleans Saints

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  20. New York Giants

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  21. New York Jets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. Oakland Raiders

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  23. Philadelphia Eagles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  24. Pittsburgh Steelers

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  25. San Diego Chargers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  26. San Francisco 49ers

11 vote(s)
    24.4%
  27. Seattle Seahawks

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  28. St. Louis Rams

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  30. Tennessee Titans

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  31. Washington Redskins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  32. Denver Broncos

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'm still not convinced on the Donkeys. Something still missing. They will miss Dumervil. Lots and lots of talk that this season is similar to 1996-1997-1998 -- the disaster of a playoff loss the season before and coming back to win the Super Bowl the next two years. We'll see.

They should run away with the division (something that didn't happen in 1997). But I'm not sold on others in the conference.

So I voted for "Other" thanks to the ineptitude of the thread's author.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Where's Mini-Ditka?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Went with the Packers. I figure there will be a lot of recalculating after the first three weeks. I can see a big time QB goes down for an extended period, one of the breakout players from last year will cause fans to wonder what is wrong with him this year and another team will suddenly realize that a player they believed expendable, really wasn't.
    Most interesting teams for me this year are the Chiefs (new coach, qb), the Eagles (new coach) and the Bears (new coach).

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Don't forget new GM also for the Chiefs -- one of Ted Thompson's soldiers from Green Bay. Interesting that they have two former Green Bay assistants -- Reid a former assistant under Holmgren years ago and Dorsey a former assistant to Thompson -- each part of a different Super Bowl winner.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Seattle and New England playing for it all. Giants as a dark horse in the NFC and Cincy and Pittsburgh being mini-dark horses in the AFC, but the road to the Super Bowl will run through New England.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't understand the Patriots love. I think people have been blindly picking them in most seasons since 2001.

The only argument I would somewhat understand is that there really isn't any contending team in the AFC that seems significantly improved from last season. Maybe the Broncos...

The Packers losing Bulaga is going to hurt a lot. If Jordy Nelson is forced to miss significant time, that will hurt them as well.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the NFC is going to be wide open.

The Saints should be a lot better. I think the Rams or Cardinals could surprise. I actually think Chip Kelly will be successful in Philly, maybe as soon as this season and by successful, I mean 9-7 or better.

8. 93Devil

The Patriot love comes from a lot of young talent at RB and TE to go along with all the investments they made on D over the years starting to mature. plus, like you said, the AFC does not look so great when you think about Dalton or Schaub leading a team to the SB.

And for all of those "QB does not matter" people; put a good QB on Cincy right now (Brees, Luck, Roethlisberger, Brady, etc...) and they are a prohibitive favorite to win the AFC right now and for the next couple seasons.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I threw in my vote for the Browns. :D

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

49ers and Ravens again.

Ravens repeat.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I would love to say the Saints, but I'm not convinced they've improved their defense enough, and I'm not sold on Rob Ryan as DC. Honestly, I have no clue who will win the SB, but I picked Denver. I think they're in a position where it's do or die this year.

12. 93Devil

Jesus, anyone but the Saints in the Super Bowl. I would take two weeks of Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder stories over watching Rob Ryan in a Super Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted