1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl media day -- come on in

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by playthrough, Oct 5, 2011.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It will now be open to the public for an "affordable" price. Not that it was any great journalistic enterprise anymore (if it ever was), but c'mon NFL...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7063356/super-bowl-media-day-now-open-fans

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Thus answers the question, "How do you make the world's biggest shitshow an even BIGGER shitshow?"

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Can I cheer?

A great game for reporters to play is who is the biggest douchebag fan? Is it the guy with the slicked-back hair and tons of jewelry, or the guy who is wearing as much team-shop apparel one can put on?

4. Armchair_QB

Which radio stations do those guys work for?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

"My, don't you have a lot of muscles! Do you play football too? Will you take a picture of me and my friend? Where's the cute quarterbacky guy?"

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

God, it's great knowing I will never attend another Super Bowl as a reporter, and probably not as a fan or in any other capacity. I don't know who would want to go to one.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Peter King is just embarrassing himself now.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Meet the Citizen Journalists.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Might be a bad idea, but chances are none of them is going to say, "Hi, I'm Clyde from Key West. Talk about . . . "

10. Armchair_QB

11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Then by definition it's no longer a media day. It's a Fan Fest.

Draft saved Draft deleted