1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl: Is your choice based on love or hate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jan 29, 2008.

?

Everyone generally has a team they want to win. But is your choice based on a like/love for that tea

Poll closed Feb 3, 2008.
  1. A like/love for the team

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. I hate the other side

17 vote(s)
    51.5%
  3. No preference

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. love 'em both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. hate them both

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Didn't happen during your lifetime -- or mine -- but the 1948 Cleveland Browns did go undefeated in the AAFC. Just sayin'.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I not only dislike the Pats and the Giants, I also dislike the '72 Dolphins, so its a real quandary. So I'm rooting for the Pats, because if they win, TWO of the teams I dislike will be unhappy. And the Pats will have officially jumped the shark one minute after the game is over.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I like a post that spreads the hate around.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No, I know what the column means. It means he's learned from all of his MANY missteps in Cleveland. What I said was that it reminds me of why I hate him...for those same missteps. IT takes a LOT of work to alienate yourself from Browns fans. Trust me.

Fuck that guy.

And yes, I think Art Modell is higher on my shit list...but he's close to death anyway. I wouldn't sleep with Roger for that. It's about risk vs. reward.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I used to enjoy Easterbrook's columns in the early days of Page 2. Maybe it was because he often had cheesecake photos of Laetitia Casta . . . .

It was likely also because I skimmed his overlong, self-important, work. Now I wonder what I was thinking.

As for the game, I voted no preference. 19-0 would be neat to see, but with a team on the verge of grasping such lasting greatness, it would be just as neat a story to see it scuttled at the last step.

I just hope it's a good game.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I really don't care who wins The Rather Large And Important Football Game on Sunday.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Don't care and won't be watching.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Oh. My. Goodness. :eek: :eek: :eek:

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Do you really want to hear from Randy Moss, Rodney Harrison and Junior Seau 35 years from now?

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Blinding, bitter hatred. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm no longer in an East Coast market. I haven't been for about 12 years.
    I've always sort of rooted for Belichick because of his time with the Giants.
    But now I'm really sick of hearing about the Pats.
    I get annoyed when teams become national teams. It bugs me when people around the country start claiming to be long-time fans of the Patriots, or the Packers, or the Chiefs, or the Rams.
    I've also been bugged by hearing people talk about Patriots fans as this die-hard, longtime group. The freakin' Pats were fourth - behind the Sox, Celts and Bruins - in their market for virtually all of their existence.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for an exciting game decided in the final two minutes.

Might as well root for a Manning as long as (the wrong) one is playing.

I quit hating teams about the time I graduated high school.

Draft saved Draft deleted