1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl 54 Commercials Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Having Asian drivers need a self-parking car to avoid a fender bender might also send the wrong message.

poindexter likes this.
  2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

When we were at Nathan's at Coney Island years ago, my Georgia-born sister went to the counter and said, "May I have two small cokes, please?" The guy looked at her funny and said, "Whaddaya, from England or somethin'?"

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who found it a little creepy?

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No, you are not.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I found it a sad reminder that many of us will die alone and need machines to keep us company.

happy Tuesday, everyone.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Uploading our memories to a digital assistant - I guess the Google version was nice and sentimental. Kind of like the Apple Christmas spot - these companies really don't understand the fear of technology most oldsters have.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Facebook has collected a ton of memories.

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

i had no idea that was a thing. I looked it up. No idea. #therockiliveunderisnice

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen one of those breakdowns of the NFL players in the 100th season video ... where the kid is running the game ball into the stadium. Among others, I recognized Jim Brown, Ray Lewis, Derwin James, Jalen Ramsey and a few of the Hall of Famers who high-fived the kid in the runway to the field. But it moved pretty quick. I'd like to know the lineup, similar to the commercial last year in the banquet room.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head, I remember Joey Bosa and one of the Rams (Aaron Donald?) were the guys pushing the bulldozers to let the kid through at the new LA stadium.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, it was Aaron Donald.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yes, it was Donald. Of course, you can't miss Steve Young and Joe Montana with Jimmy G carrying their bags. Christian McCaffrey is the guy pulling the tire. The kid intercepts the ball from the JUGS machine in front of Julian Edelman. Carli Lloyd of the U.S. women's soccer team is the kicker. Jerry Jones is driving the car the kids jump over. Alvin Kamara runs the ball through the Mardi Gras parade. Drew Brees throws the kid a pass. He pauses in front of a statue of Pat Tillman. Saquon Barkley tells him, "Welcome to the city" before Mark Ingram (I think) gets the ball and is tackled into the food truck (or whatever that is) by Justin Tuck. Ray Lewis levels the next ball carrier. The kid enters the stadium through a row of Hall of Famers, including Anthony Munoz, Ed Reed, Jerry Rice, Brett Favre and Barry Sanders, gives the ball to Peyton Manning and gets the game ball from Virginia McCaskey. Then Joe Greene says, "It's Showtime."

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted