1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sunday Night Football loses its Faith

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Pretty much what Tirico and Gruden do know.....except for Tafoya with her mindless drivel, and the GMC Drive to Hell or whatever it is.....

In Chef's perfect world, you already know who is going to be playing......ESPN can do the 4 hour pregame or whatever it is....go to the game site...."I'm Mike, this is Jon, and off we go from Arrowhead".....

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If you had Carrie Underwood as the replacement, you are a winner.

3. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

It's also itself a commercial for Verizon.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm good with that. Passing of the torch on more than one level. And I giggle at Chef being chagrined that he was having to look at Faith Hill for a minute or two. I'd have been fine with an extended album version.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

How far back did I have it? :D

Joking... It was kind of a no-brainer. If you're going to replace someone like Faith Hill, you have to go younger, which they did... It's a good fit...

6. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

As long as Faith's gorgeous gams were on display I couldn't care less about the backdrop. Same with Carrie coming up I hope.

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Faith Hill's legs = Carrie Underwood's legs.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

MUTE is my friend.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

We're a music-video-intro culture now, and that isn't changing. Some day someone will have the idea to create an opening theme/video for jury duty, or for a dental appointment, or some other dread-worthy chore, and it will be an amazing change in perception.

"Oh my God, I can't wait for my IRS audit tomorrow!!"

Draft saved Draft deleted