1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sun-Sentinel Cuts

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, May 19, 2011.

1. HarryNutsack

HarryNutsack New Member

Who were the copy editors who were laid off, particularly the one from sports?

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I rip this paper on my Facebook page regularly, not the individuals who do the work to put out the paper, but the senior management that makes decisions based on trying to assess two markets on a daily basis and, unfortunately, try to make decisions that will benefit both, and end up benefitting neither. This is absolutely no knock on Tim, who I think is a good one. But you can tell when a call is made by somebody (or somebodies) who don't know a market, and it happens all the time. Plus the infamous Tribune mods cause duplication all the time. Just not a good situation.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

By most counts, Tim is a good guy, but I think he's being asked to do something that is completely unrealistic and both papers have suffered as a result.

Draft saved Draft deleted