1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sun Belt media days — anyone going?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JayFarrar, Oct 10, 2008.

1. WS

WS Member

UALR was picked to win its division, so some people care about them. No idea what kind of home crowds they get, though. When I've seen their team, in those charcoal black road unis, they all look like they've spent time in prison. But the two guys I've talked to postgame seemed like good kids.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Dear God, why?

3. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Member

You gotta have street cred to make it on that side of I-630

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

When they were playing at Alltel Arena, there would be, maybe, 3,000 people in that 18,000-seat place; it felt empty. No idea how they're drawing in their new on-campus arena.

The current coach is a good guy; I know he shies away from players who might be trouble-prone. Aside from a couple of key players quitting over the past few years, it's been a clean program.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jay is MIA. Maybe he's doing time in Hot Springs for assaulting Jarvis. Or he's taking the waters on Bathhouse Row.

Draft saved Draft deleted