1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summer movie blitz!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Apr 26, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=apnatv7HD&annotation_id=annotation_786605&feature=iv

The link on Yahoo! wasn't working, but here is a new trailer I found on Youtube. I'm assuming it is the same one.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Yeah that's it.
    Looks fun but I'm kind of worried it's going to be worse (plot wise) than the first--or at least follow a similar theme.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's a Michael Bay movie. You want a plot to go with your explosions and giant robots?

4. Madhavok

Yeah, I know that. All I want is more character development between the Decepticons. You know, maybe more than just one line from Starscream. But yeah, giant fucking robots destroying shit, I'm happy.

5. Madhavok

The new Wolverine movie was utter crap. I won't get too into it to avoid spoiling it for some, but I'm sure OoP and Piotr will agree with me.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

That's disappointing to hear, to say the least. C'mon, spill (well, as much as you can without giving away EVERYTHING).

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

My daughter saw "Wolverine" this morning, and told us not to bother.

We went to see "State Of Play" instead, and I'm really glad we did.

Outstanding movie. Good cast (Crowe, Affleck, Rachel McAdam, Robin Wright Penn, Helen Mirren, Jeff Daniels), and a solid newspaper/politics/scandal story that everyone here can really relate to.

8. Madhavok

The average movie goer and casual fan of the comics might like it, but if you're more than just a casual fan - and by casual, you know who Wade Wilson is - then you're not going to like it. The film itself feels rushed, choppy fight scenes, lots of cheese...ugh. FOX tossed characters in to appeal to people like me, but they didn't need to be in because they were not given the proper justice they deserved.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'll be seeing Harry Potter in IMAX in Nashville with a couple of buds. That's been in the works since LAST summer when we thought it was coming out in November.

Can't WAIT for Angels and Demons. The book was about a thousand times better than The Da Vinci Code. And although I still don't see Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon (too old and not quite "smart" enough. He doesn't have the Harvard professor vibe. Maybe more of State U vibe.)

And Up is a definite must opening weekend. Pixar is the gold standard and I've been looking forward to it since I saw the first trailer.

Those are the only three that I'll see in theaters. The rest that I might consider seeing I'll either wait until it's in the last-minute cheap theater or until it's Netflix time.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Public Enemies looks amazing.

I was very disappointed to see Terminator Salvation with a PG-13 rating. That will ruin the film.

11. Madhavok

Agreed. The new TV spots are starting to get me more interested in the movie.

I'll probably go see Star Trek in the theatre, maybe, and definitely Transformers 2.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Wolverine was awful. I'd say that both Fantastic Four movies were better and they were both pieces of shit.
    Loks of Jackman screaming "no" while staring into space. Very much like Shatner screaming "Khan."

Draft saved Draft deleted