1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sum up the last few days of SJ.com for me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 14, 2006.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I was in Vegas Wed-Saturday, so missed out on all things Internet. In trying to catch up w/SportsJournalists.com, I am four pages in and haven't even seen a thread about terrorism, so I know I'm way behind.

So who wants to sum up the last few days of SportsJournalists.com? I'm sure I've missed many highlights.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I see lots of crying again by the clevelandSportsJournalists.com contingent. This time over a coach who was there 15 years ago. Grow a set, folks, and quit crying so much. Man, you guys wallow in misery.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Rien de rien

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

A theme weekend in trollery:

Old Tony moved the earth closer to the sun, the better for us all to bask in its soothing, non-greenhouse-related warmth. And COCKDIAN wondered in his lyric dyslexia if astronomers had fondled a new planet. The usual.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

And we talked about hot chicks that aren't necessarily hot to others.

6. To which there seems to be a strong contingent — and I'll add myself to that — which finds Lindsey Davenport attractive. You missed a lively weekend TSP.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We discussed at length the proper entry for the SportsJournalists.com style guide concerning the plural of clitoris. It was decided (in a 2000 presidential election kind-of way) that "clitorii" would be entered over what professional literature said should be "clitorides."

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Idaho got drunk and fell down a well.

9. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

If you were going to miss a couple of days, you picked the right weekend.

Just like in baseball, people seem to fighting there way through the dog days of August.

It was kind of like the summer TV schedule. There aren't many things that are interesting though there were a couple repeat (threads) that were amusing. Nobody seemed to devote their entire evening to it but checked in from time to time and scanned the dial.

Everybody seems to be just biding time until something exciting happens.

10. Colton

Colton Active Member

Well, I introduced threads about three... ummm... thrilling.... topics:

1) Arby's sauce

2) Judging Amy

3) DVRs

See? In the words of John Banner, you missed nothing... nothing!

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

We decided that the plural of clitoris was clitorii

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I was hoping someone could sum up the last three weeks.

Something tells me that people fought and called each other unspeakable unspeakables, but nothing here will ever top the flame war that started over an innocuous thread about grilling techniques. That thread brought tears to my eyes.

Draft saved Draft deleted