1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SUCKER!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Oct 20, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Is this your daughter's first concert?

My mom took me to see Bon Jovi and Skid Row for mine. It was YEARS (like college) before I got to go to another one. Somehow, I don't think Hannah Montana will have that effect on you and Uma.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Nope. She went to the Cheetah Girls last year.

Yikes!

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Like OMG :D

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Idaho, chances are, when she's older she won't remember the Hannah Montana concert near as much as she'll remember you taking her.

Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a daddy.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Good observation, doc. That'll teach me to post during a game while trying to take notes.

But yes. I meant you are a hypocrite and edited the reply to clarify that.

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

You could scalp those ducats and pay for Christmas.

7. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I think he could pay for more than one. Not to mention birthdays and Hanukkah's if you wanted just to get a few more gifts in there.

8. KG

KG Active Member

I tried to get tickets for my friend's little girls, but they were already sold out the moment they went on sale.

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

The scalpers got hold of all the tickets in SLC, too. They were going for 10-20x face value.

They added a second show for the day before and tickets went on sale for that one at 10 a.m. this morning, allegedly with tighter computer controls in place to filter out scalpers.

Well, I logged on and click refresh until the tickets finally went on sale and at 10:02 I was the proud owner of Row 20 upper bowl tickets.

I suppose I could sell them for $150 each, but I'm pretty disgusted by what's happening for a kids show. If it was Billy Joel, I'd feel a lot less guilty about scalping them. But for a Hannah Montana show? I'll just let my daughter and a friend go and not feel too bad about the $100 spent.

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

And that is why you are a good man, and a good dad.

11. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I think it's wonderful. It's nice to see a parent taking an active interest in what their kids are doing.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted