1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SUCKER!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Oct 20, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Yep.

Let's see ... Slutney Spears or Hannah Montana? Drunkan Lohan or Hannah Montana?

Pretty tame stuff. I've caught myself watching a couple shows. Definitely worse things in this world.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Not at all. While I'm not going to the concert, I did pay for the tickets and she's extra excited about it.
    That's why she owes me. As for her music, it's probably better than 90 percent of the dreck on popular radio these days.

I'd rather go to a Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus concert than Maroon 5, Fall Out Boy or other such music. At least paying money to attend a Montana/Cyrus concert would result in knowing my daughter is happy.

3. I have to sit through 100 minutes of Disney Princesses on Ice in three weeks. It's just part of the gig, Idaho. No use complaining about it.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'm not complaining. I welcome this gig. But I sometimes am amazed at how I'm a sucker for doing stuff like this for the kids. Then I remind myself that one of the big reasons we chose a house that was less than half of what our realtor and mortgage broker were trying to get us to buy was so we could do some fun things with/for the kids.

It was front row at ringling brothers last month. In February it will be Sea World.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I was wondering which one of you two was the sucker. Seriously. Thanks for clearing that up, Idaho.

6. Ringling Brothers isn't half of what it was when I was a kid. It's even kind of depressing now, though the motorcycles in the orbital cage will never cease to amaze me.

I hear Discovery Cove at Sea World - where you can actually swim with the dolphins - is worth the hefty price but we haven't done it yet. Kid is still a little too young.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Just curious. Are you capable of not talking down to everyone?

Go start another thread telling everyone else what to do.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Thank you for proving my point. I think Uma is telling you to log off again.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Again. Proving my point.

And, just so you know. You're the hypocrite who first wandered onto this thread with purpose of typing a pointless 'talking down to' reply.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

But back on topic, Hannah Montana is cool, regardless of the Disney promotion machine.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I assume you meant hypocrite. And I don't know what the rest of that sentence means, but OK.

Enjoy your day.

Draft saved Draft deleted