1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suburban Houston School Shooting...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Donny in his element, May 18, 2018.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did the school security officer lift a finger this time?

3. poindexter

Read the following exchanges and repeat after me: America is the greatest country in the world.

"What was going through your head when you found out that this was going on?" one reporter asked the man.

"Get to the school, make America great again," he responded.

"By doing what? What was your plan of action?" she continued.

"Offering support," he said. "Just, 'God bless y'all' will go a long way right now for a lot of people."

"God bless y'all," he added before walking away from the cameras.

Another man who overheard the interview then approached the reporter in a rage.

"We need prayers, okay? We need prayers. This idiot is walking down the street with a damn pistol on his side when we just had kids get shot," he said.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Scott McGrew

✔@ScottMcGrew

"I'm a gun rights person, I have guns. But this idiot is walking down here and saying that he needs to make America great again," he continued. "That's not what America needs — America needs prayers. We don't need this crap. I'm sorry, I believe in the Second Amendment, I believe in everything, but this guy right here is walking into a crime scene with a pistol on him. This is an embarrassment."

4. poindexter

It looks to me like "thoughts and prayers" in Texas is not the snarky thing it is on this board.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

They’re both embarrassments

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

She looks and sounds a little too much like my daughter to not to get choked up hoping she never has to live on these incidents.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Actual soldier.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I feel dumber for watching that. First guy thinks the answer is MAGA, second guy refutes him by saying it's "prayers." Neither has the slightest fucking clue.

Were people in my country always this stupid? Or is it just something I notice more often nowadays?

Last edited: May 18, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted