1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stupid things you do

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Not that I don't do something stoopid every day, but I wanna go back a few days for the dumbest thing I've done in a while. Now, every time I pull into our parking garage at work, I've got a routine. Grab the keys, grab my 20 ounce Pepsi from the passenger seat and cell phone from the dash, lock the doors and I'm off. Sunday, I got a call as I'm pulling into the garage. Still on the phone when I parked, I grabbed the keys, got my soda and looked on my dash. No phone (of course). I then proceed to say to the person I'm talking to ON MY CELL "Shit! I left my window down when I stopped for gas! I think someone stole my phone when I went in to pay!"

After a moment of confusion, the caller finally asked... "Uh, what are you talking to me on?"

"Oh. Nevermind."

Wow. Dumbest I've ever felt, I think.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

We have a winner!

The rest of you, thanks for playing and drive home safely... with your seatbelt and cellphones on.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ha! Good one, K-lick.

Though if you were talking to him on the 20-ounce Pepsi, it might be a smidge better.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If he'd been talking on his Pepsi, he'd have heard the sounds of a new generation.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Wow, dude. That is stoopid.

My stoopid moment that covers the last five or six months. I have one car key to the car I purchased in December. I locked my keys in my car last Friday. Still haven't purchased an extra key.

6. boots

boots New Member

Here's the worst part, when I went back, there was a shift change and the vendor I gave the $20 to was gone.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

So fuck that guy up and take your 20 ... Jeebus, do I have to do everything for you?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's no time to be picky.

9. boots

boots New Member

We put in a complaint. They said the guy is supposed to return soon so we will see.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

It's that kinda attitude that's gonna get you nothing but a lost 20. Come on, stoob! This guy's a first rate vendor.

11. KG

KG Active Member

Here's my stoopid of the day...

I overslept this morning to the point of practically running straight from my bed to the car. When I woke up, I realized how late it was, so I jumped up, grabbed the closest pair of jeans and shirt I could find and literally got dressed on my way down the hall to the garage.

I was thinking I had a particular pair of shoes in my gym bag (in the car), so I just grabbed the keys and took off. Well (after leaving the house) I reached behind my seat to drag my gym bag to the front for my shoes and guess what...no gym bag. You know what that means? No shoes.

Luckily I still had a pair of sandals stuffed under the seat that have been there for weeks.

12. boots

boots New Member

first off, quit being a jack ass. I thought you had more class than that. Secondly, $20 will not make or break me. I don't need an arrest record. I go to the guy quite often so I'm sure this will be straightened out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.