1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stupid New Jersey stealing my identity

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jun 4, 2010.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Can't your bank issue you a new debit card and open a new account immediately? Mine did after it flagged a suspicious attempt to wire transfer money out of my checking acct.
    They called me, asked if I authorized it, I said no. They told me to go immediately to my branch, close the acct and open a new one. Two hours later I had new account and new debit card.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If that were my main checking account, it would be a nightmare. I have a bunch of bills I pay through my checking account number and bank routing number, where the funds get transferred electronically. Close my account and give me a new account number, and it's gone from nuisance to MAJOR nuisance that requires me setting up payments I haven't thought about in a while all over again.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Redid all of mine in one day. Same bank, same routing number, new acct number. No sweat.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Now I really hate New Jersey.
    Not only did someone have a cloned card, they also tried to hack my account online.
    And the bank has upgraded my case/investigation because a two-prong hit is a bigger deal to them or something.
    Fuckity fuck this sucks.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I know a guy who lives in Paramus.

Draft saved Draft deleted