1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stupid Interview Question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Aug 16, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I'm not following the Ramsey thing, but I have CNN on in the background.

I just heard a reporter ask Mr. Ramsey what the hardest part of this whole thing has been.

"Well, the hardest part was losing a child..."

Duh.

I know that you can get some strange answers to the obvious questions, but some reporters drive me apeshit. And I see it a lot in TV news. I recall a recent telecast where they're on location with a camera in some lady's face asking her how she felt after her kid drowned in a swimming pool or some such thing.

2. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

"Katzenmoyer. Katzenmoyer. Katzenmoyer. Your thoughts?"

3. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Damn that is the dummest question I ever heared someone ask.

4. HeinekenMan

Thanks for the edit, Moddy.

;-)

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No problem. I certainly understand your reaction - the word "fucking" was placed before stupid in the original for those wondering what the hell?

But, you know, cursing in thread titles and it showing up big on the screen at work ***

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

An on campus recruiter once asked an interviewee (law student) "if you could be any color, what color would you be?"

7. One of the questions to Parcells during a press conference this season, something along these lines:
    "You've been talking about how Jones takes a lot of carries, and that contributes to fatigue. Now in baseball, when a pitcher throws a lot of pitches, they get fatigued easily, so how would you compare the position of pitcher in baseball to that of runningback in football?"

8. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

What the hell was that reporter thinking asking that.

9. HeinekenMan

That's awesome. It's giving me a migraine just trying to deduce what it was he was aiming it? Did he want a rubber knees comment?

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Did Ed Werder ask that question?

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

After the KAL crash in Guam, relatives of the dead were arriving. As they got off their flight, a local TV reporter stuck a mike in one woman's face and asked 'How do you feel right now?'

I've interviewed a lot of relatives of murder victims, crash victims etc. I've never asked that particular question.
    Nor did I ever ask the question that Ramsey was asked.

12. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

This is not as blatant as these but I watched a HS football game which ended with an interception in the endzone as time ran out. Team A holds on with a 28-22 win. Me and another guy go down talk to losing coach. First question the other guy asks: Coach, what happend on the last play?
    Coach looks at him and says: They intercepted the fucking ball, weren't you watching?

I knew the coach pretty well, and he was a bit upset about the loss, but I was trying hard not to crack up. I walked away, and he came up to me a few minutes later and was smiling said "Damn that felt good."
    I lost it then. He laughed and I turned to him and said "Coach, okay seriously, what DID happen on that last play?"

Draft saved Draft deleted